What's new

Things that take you back..

Kebab

Giga Poster
I was listening through songs on Youtube and I came across Johnny Remember; it took me a while to figure out where I heard it from then it clicked. It's played at Thorpe Park around Stealth's area; and I had flashbacks of the trip there from months back. It's quite a strange but enlightening experience.

Have you ever come across anything that brings back these past park memories?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Every time I listen to About A Girl by The Academy Is, I think of the 2008 CF Live. I also think of the 2009 Live whenever I'm listening to I'm On A Boat. Every now and then, I'll also think of Cedar Point when I hear Jane's Addiction and Led Zeppelin.

Whenever I hear the Spice Girls I think of the 2007 CF Live. <3

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!

Smells Like Teen Spirit- 2005 visit to Cedar Point

Spice Girls, About a Girl, Cheesy Dance Music- CF Live videos from 2007 and 2008 :D

I'm on a Boat- 2009 Live

Blame it on Bad Luck / Audience of One- Snoo's house (dunno why, I just remember hearing those songs aha)

Feelin' This / In My Head- The songs I listened to on repeat over and over on my busrides this summer

The Climb- On the way to Kennywood I remember hearing it.. I have a good memory when it comes to songs I heard in locations

Watcha Say / Replay / Doll House (worst song ever) - Me and my cousin in the car to Cedar Point

And finally, the song I heard about a bazillion times at Six Flags St. Louis- Don't Stop Believin', which is basically the reason I learned about Glee to begin with woo

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
So far songs tend to remind me of places I've lived, rather than parks or events, but after 3 years at 6FGAm, I'm sure that several of the songs that were in heavy rotation will remind me of the park.

Ben Folds Five - The Last Polka will always remind me of screaming up the Autostrada through the mountains north of Rome...

sigh.

yinyang

Mega Poster
Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights (or whatever the title is.) Reminds me of Corkscrew as its one of the many random songs from across the last two decades they play around the Rita queueline and so remember that song being on once when I queued for Corky.
Oh how I miss corky *drifts off into vacant stare about the good old days*

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Aw yeah I remember that song, it is amazing! I can't play Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer without reminiscing about Rita too, which is kind of bad, as I never think back at rides that are mediocre because of a song.. There again I enjoy the queue more than the actual ride :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Republica - TTD.

Any dance music like DJ Sammy Heaven - Millie.

50's - Stealth/Amity/WWTP/TTD.

80's - Magnum or Rita.

Bond Explosive - 2004 Alton Towers fireworks.

Midnight Syndicate - Thorpe FN's.

Rawhide - Maverick.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7bQzU1lFF4[/youtube]
GF V.

Sorry guys.

marc

CF Legend
When I watch X Factor now it reminds me of Spain last year and GF this year.

Take That Shine reminds me of Big John and Skegness.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Pokerface always reminds me of Pleasure Beach as it was the first time I really heard it there and it always sticks in my head.

Any time I see Rita it always reminds me of Hoyers video from a few years with the great trance song he used.

Also a lot of dance music which is played at fairs usually sticks in my head for a good bit after. They always seem to sound better when you are on a ride at a fair.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Centerfold just puts me back in that Pontiac G5 Ian, Tom, Snoo, and I took to Kennywood. I swear we listened to CD 5,000 times over.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
In For The Kill, Bulletproof, Poker Face and Broken Strings were some of the songs played in Disney Village at DLP so whenever I listen to any of them I think of Disney Village.

RCF

Strata Poster
Whenever I hear "Photograph" by Def Leppard it reminds me of Kings Dominion because when we got season passes three years in a row and went every weekend we'd always listen to that song.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars always makes me think of Six Flags New England, because they played it in the parking lot one year. It's a damn good song, too. Nightrain makes me think of Superman at that park, too, because a really bad cover of it was in a POV video I watched once.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I tend to associate music I've used in my videos with parks so,

Henrietta (fratellis) - Camelot
Time is Running Out (muse) - Thorpe and Chessington
Bohemian Like You (Dandy Warhols) - Flamingoland

Also various 80s music reminds me of Rita's queueline.

A

Anonymous

I get flashbacks of Pleasureland Southport when I smell hot doughgnuts.