What's new

Theme park YouTubers: what do you think of them?

What do you think of theme park YouTubers?

• Total voters

tbarnesarc

Roller Poster
A few of us on this thread have mentioned Defunctland as one of the better channels out there. This made me gain even more respect for Kevin. What a legend for doing this...Also since Snoo likes to "cuddle" with Taylor these days the parody CS did @ 4:03 on a famous DL coaster was pretty damn funny.:p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Most vlogging style theme park channels are lowkey annoying but I'm incredibly interested in documentary style content like Defunctland, Yesterworld, Expedition Themepark etc. etc.
Idk I learn a lot more on forums about rides then I do on any coaster channel :cool:
Agreed - I just really don't find many Vloggers I enjoy (as in any) - I'm sorry, your hot takes on latest coaster trends doesn't really do it for me. (I can find that plenty on the forums!)

Defunctland is the channel I'm most into outside of CF - really well researched coverage of former rides and attractions, with great narration style. Ken Burns, eat you heart out!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
There are no theme park vlogging channels I truly enjoy except Tim Tracker.

It's not like I don't watch other garbage news/vlogging/etc about my other interests, but for whatever reason, none of the theme park lot really do it for me. Something is missing. They're usually lacking in charisma, knowledge, both. It's frustrating when you're watching someone talk about a thing who literally doesn't know what they're talking about, but it seems like all the ones who do know their **** lack the skills required to be interesting. And I don't mean that disrespectfully, cuz I sure as heck don't have the skill.

Defunctland is the best Theme Park content on YouTube by a mile.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Too broad a question to really answer, really it depends on the content. If it's good, then good! Power to ya. If not then well, its a waste because we can easily access all the same info and know all the same stuff, if you're not enjoyable then its just watching you go around talking parks and thats no good to anyone. I will say, IDK how large the YT theme park community even is! Its generally something I avoid. Most of it doesnt do much for me, like I said alot of it isnt interesting to me, and deff can come off as self aggrandizing, look at me look at me!
I just enjoy discussion more than hearing what someone else has to say about parks and rides.

That said I am a fan of coaster studios. At first I found him a tad annoying and thought it was just look at me, but I watched more (guess that says something) and I really like him now. Seems like a sincere, down to earth guy that actually isnt doing it for attention and has a real passion for it. Also at first I stumbled on his parodies, some were funny some were not, but I saw his park and coaster reviews and they're really good. He doesn't seem as OTT and crazed as some enthusiasts either, more realistic.
And true defunctland is pretty cool.
Guess like anything it just depends on the content.

I have numerous times before thought about a park blog and possible YT channel, but I never had the energy and feel like it could be a lot of effort and I'd like pay off, and realistically its not gunna get any traction. To my above point, I have nothing new or interesting to say and am not sure why anyone would care about my rankings or thoughts and I cant break news any faster than the sources I get em from so oh well lol

Dan1989

Mega Poster
I like them. I have never had the opportunity to visit any park outside the UK, it's cool to see what other parks around the world are like. In Vlogs it's like your walking around with them. That said nothings ever perfect and I do have a few pet hates. I'm drawn towards Theme Park Worldwide, I enjoy the way in which the host films his videoed. Although I will say I'm not overkeen on some of the other people he features from time to time. I watch a lot of Urban exploration on Youtube, in a certain way it's similar.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
So after reading your guy's responses, I've seen that y'all really like documentary style videos that are also interesting, usually on defunct attractions. Since Volcano just closed and there were no information based videos for it (all baseless guessing/predictions), I went ahead and created my own 10 minute documentary for the attraction. Feel free to check it out here! (& I apologize, I usually would never promote stuff here, however, I'd really like to spread with the word with the hours upon hours I spent making it) Enjoy!

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
So after reading your guy's responses, I've seen that y'all really like documentary style videos that are also interesting, usually on defunct attractions. Since Volcano just closed and there were no information based videos for it (all baseless guessing/predictions), I went ahead and created my own 10 minute documentary for the attraction. Feel free to check it out here! (& I apologize, I usually would never promote stuff here, however, I'd really like to spread with the word with the hours upon hours I spent making it) Enjoy!

Overly dramatic you think?.. not bad though.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Maybe it’s an age thing but I hate YouTube vlogs for anything really. Ridiculously over enthusiastic and pan out a 30 second snippet of information to ten to fifteen minutes of absolute dross.

That said, if I saw a vlogger at a park I wouldn’t be bothered but I certainly wouldn’t give them the attention they desire.

_dezaster_

Roller Poster

will check it out! :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
If you are board

Screen_Shot_2017_11_14_at_5.26.19_PM.0.png

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Bringing this over from the Flamingo Land topic...

Thank you Mark, for validating my post in the YouTuber thread.
Sadly this is the state I have (and a lot of others) had to come to, especially 'off season'. When the season kicks back in, and I have RCRS to work on, it is back to regular programming (Though my Siam Park vlog wasn't too bad with a lot of on-rides). I have to roll with the times and put out what might be best overall.

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
If you don’t take them too seriously, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the majority of them. Obviously some are a little obnoxious but that’s YouTube for you in general.

I’ll admit to watching TPW’s vlogs sometimes when my anxiety / insomnia really kicks in at night: it’s just mindless, friendly, easy viewing. Also, I can’t get to theme parks myself very often for financial and location reasons, so it’s nice to live vicariously through these people sometimes. I wouldn’t have the time or inclination to keep up with them religiously though.

And I love Defunctland even though I know it’s not always 100% accurate. That’s also probably the only theme park channel I know of that even my non-enthusiast friends will watch and enjoy, so it’s a good way for me to subtly info-dump my interests on people without boring them (too much) ;)

But yeah, there are a lot of channels that have never caught my interest really. I don’t get the coaster parody videos etc at all. Mostly I just use the YouTube community for POVs.

Last edited: