What's new

Theme Park Studio - to be released 27th Feb

coreysaysyo

Roller Poster
I am a bit disappointed, I bought the game yesterday, and my graphics card can't handle it :( Hoping that they add graphics settings so I can dumb down the graphics a bit. They did respond to me on twitter at least.

8gqp.png

Mike

Giga Poster
The two main things I noticed when I saw this on the CF Facebook page the other day where how fiddly the controls look, and how CPU intensive it looks.

My bog standard integrated graphics on my laptop have no chance of running a game like this. Plus, the beauty of RCT was its simplicity; this game definitely does not look simple.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Which is exactly why I think it won't work.

Nolimits is fiddly, but thats because its aimed at sim users who are used to complicated environments, which is also the reason why they scrapped the proposed game element. Theme Park Studio is aimed at casual gamers who just want to get stuck right in, who are familiar with RCT and game alike.

I don't 100% believe in this project.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's a weird one atm, but of course, as it's early access, it won't be perfect...

From what I can gather, the tools for landscaping are quite neat, though I'm not particularly sure how the pathing system works, as it's a bit confusing...

It's certainly not going to be simple, like No Limits isn't particularly simple... But I would hazard a guess that it will certainly be a hit with those interested in creating full fledged parks to a level of detail as seen in No Limits...

It's certainly not aiming towards the game market in the fashion RCT did...

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
I'm ashamed to say i haven't figured out where to imput my key for the free download from steam

You'll need to download the steam client, and in there is a link called something like "add new game" and an option to enter a code from there.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
According to Valve, this is how it's normally done:
Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

1. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
    Click the Games Menu.
    Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
    Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
I assume the process will be the same for Theme Park Studio.