What's new

Theme Park Failures

^It was meant to open in 2009.

It's now 2011.

It's not exactly a roaring success.

In fact, seeing as only one of the three of these they've built (not counting Powder Keg, cause, meh) has not needed loads of work, loads, I'd say that type is a pretty big fail over all.

Also, Flying Turns.

The Flying Dutchman at Efteling.

Originally built by notoriously crap company Kumbak Coasters. Opened nearly a year later after the park had to call in Intamin to fix the ride as Kumbak had bodged it so badly. You know you're a crap company when a park calls in Intamin to fix one of your rides.

I don't see what is so bad about Stampadia, I loved it when I went on it, with the Kumbak trains on it.

Arrow/S&S 4D's are somewhat of a failure, in terms of how much money was put in R&D and developing it, it never really lived up to hype.
Same with the Dodonpa/Hypersonic XLC roller coasters (only 2 built).

In the UK I guess the jungle coaster at legoland windsor takes the crown. Lasted only 5 years due to noise restrictions, they had to put covers on the cars. A shame as this was one of the largest Rides at the park.

Second place would be Eclipse at thorpe park which only lasted two seasons. Not as big a failure as the jungle coaster because it was never a major ride even in its opening year. But its unpopularity led to it being moved to chessington. Maybe they should have chosen a more thrilling ferris wheel type such as an Eccentric wheel or a skydiver clone.