What's new

THE WORLD CUP!!!

I like France.

Anyway, it had to happen at some point...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk[/youtube]

Although it's pretty Nelly FuTURDo.

^Brief LOL. :lol:

it's pretty hillarious that France are almost certainly going out. I honestly thought they'd have a better fist of it, given the hand they got getting there (no pun intended). But Domenech doesn't care, the players don't care, and from what I gather off my French mate at work, not a lot of people in France care either.

When Domenech is gone, they'll forget this ever happened. Just like June 2002. Or June 1940.

So I screwed up the France-Mexico prediction... and I couldn't be happier! :--D
I wonder if Uruguay & Mexico will play to a draw since both will go through with that result? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened in the World Cup.
Argentina put on quite a show against a good South Korean side. I think my prediction of the winner of the Germany-Argentina quarterfinal going all the way will stick. They're definitely the two best teams so far.
Nigeria gave away the game to Greece, but Greece is out of the tournament because they'll never beat Argentina. I picked Nigeria to go through as second in the group, but now I'm thinking South Korea will pull it off.
Big day of no sleep for me today. By the time I get home from the overnight shift at the office the Germany game will be getting underway. Then it's USA-Slovenia followed by England Algeria. Going to be the best day yet!

My predictions:
Germany 3, Serbia 0
USA 2, Slovenia 1
England 2, Algeria 0

Get in the Serbs! Perfect start to the day! The Germ's now have a good chance of not going through! Bloody brilliant!

Yanks are getting a bit of a spanking too. Even game though, there's more goals to come yet I reckon.

I would like to retract the comment I made a few day ago saying this World Cup would go down as the most boring ever - the last few days have been really great! Lots of shocks, some better football and I actually can't predict any match now.

Blimey.

Not working tonight, so will be watching the England match (but maybe going to get pissed at half time), and my GS exam has been moved forward 30 mins, so we should finish for kick-off, missing about 15 mins of the match on Wednesday.

Why do people expect England to be good though? We have not been good for years now we simply dont have great players anymore.

They are all good players, just need to play as a team and not just expect to win every game.

Just need a manager that can actually speak to them and stop playing like we did 20 years ago.

What was the point of that change, we need a change up front.

Can someone else please take our corners.

And this is where my lack of optimism about England's chances wins out...

I didn't see any of the game though, but hey, imagine if England win next time, it'll all change once again...

Joe Cole and 4-5-1.

Other than that I refuse to comment on the game tonight. I will probably go and cry in a corner later.

Tomorrow's predictions:

Netherlands 2-0 Japan
Ghana 1-0 Australia
Cameroon 2-2 Denmark

Rather glad I didn't go and watch the match anywhere tonight.

Algeria have some SERIOUSLY hot players on their team. :D

I don't really watch England matches because I know we'll just lose or draw, we can't win because we're just sh*te. However I watched this evenings match with some colleagues and I have to say....WTF were half of them doing? They get paid stupid amounts of money and they just stand around? Rooney and Hesky were abysmal and one of the better players got taken off for no apparent reason. Why was Hesky even playing, he's terrible! Watching that 'match' was worse than watching paint dry why a group of grannies trying to lick your ear.

Urgh, football, it's times like these when I remember why I gave up on it years ago.