What's new

The Games we play...

Or whichever one was first out on those then. They're hardly called Lemmings 1,2,3 etc they're all called Lemmings. :lol:
Was there a difference in graphics or gameplay between the two?

Some versions are broke (like the windows 95 version) due hardware and they don't all have the same ammount of lemmings.

That and the music is poo compaired to the original amiga. Also some levels are missing due to copyright as well.

There was a lemmings 2 and 3 I'll have you know.

Ghostbusters online with your mates is immense. Story mode was brilliant yet short, mainly because it was simple and yet still a challenge because your partners were ****. Bought it on release date off a mates recommendation and keep playing it now and again online. Found it was well written, and drew me in a lot more than MGS4, Assassin's Creed and Street Fighter did, which are the three most recent games I've bought and haven't taken out the box since their first play.

Ollie said:
Especially as it's only around £15 which is a real bargain.

Would it be a fair guess that you didnt pay that though? And got it for free?

There was a lemmings 2 and 3 I'll have you know.

There were LOADS of lemmings games.

Lemmings
Oh No! More Lemmings (mission disk)
Lemmings 2
All New World Of Lemmings
Lemmings 3D
Lemmings Revolution

And that's just the ones i can remember! Although i'm sure i have them all (Apart from the spin-offs like that turdy tetris clone and adventures of lomax)

Yeah, I know.

There was also a painball thing as well. Didn't know about the tetris thing though.

some more lemmings nerd out btw.

Did you ever have any of the christmas lemmings disks clam?

So I decided to have a weekend of game playing this weekend.

And I picked to re-play Mario Galaxy from scratch.

In 1 weekend (20 hours of playing - yes my life is quite sad) i've managed to get 100 stars.

Still the best game i've played this generation. Even though i know it's going to take a LOT of persistance to get the last 20 stars.

My ONLY complaint with the WHOLE game is that the spring upgrade is bleeping awful to control, and doesnt do what you tell it to - which is going to make some of the last stars VERY hard to get.

Played some demos today.

Trash Panic: Stupidly short demo. Only lets you play for 3 minutes before kicking you out so you don't have any time at all to find out if you like it or not. It was alright but I didn't find it very fun or addictive.

Battlefield 1943: The first thing that sprang to mind was a FPS version of Warhawk. The graphics were good and the shooting controls were easy to get used to. The controls for the vehicles on the other hand were **** and hard to get used to. Why don't the tell you the controls before you start? Planes are ridiculously hard to fly even AFTER you work out how to steer the bloody things.
It was alright overall I guess. I like being able to walk, drive, fly and take boats. But sometimes when you die you have to run for ages to find another vehicle or enemy and there isn't that good a choice of person you can play as (3 different soldiers). Also I've heard there are only about 3 maps in the full version, which doesn't seem alot to keep the game fresh.
The demo was also extremely short. I think I got to play one and a half matches before it booted me out telling me to buy the full game. I doubt I will unless they have price cut later in the year.

3 on 3 NHL Arcade:I quite liked this one. It's basically a piss take on the NHL games. You have a guy doing sound effects with his mouth on the menu screens and the music from the real NHL games are sometimes played here but faster and higher. The gameplay is also good fun although the controls were fiddly to start with. The players have comically huge heads and I like the idea of a 'no rules' Ice Hockey. The power-ups are also a cool idea and it's funny seeing the opponents goalie shrink or your players get rocket skates. May get the full version of this when I can afford it as it's pretty fun. :)

Ollie said:
Why don't the tell you the controls before you start? Planes are ridiculously hard to fly even AFTER you work out how to steer the bloody things.

There's a tutorial level that tells you all these things.

Oddly, I logged onto BF1943 and could fly and drive everything without a single ounce of trouble.

It's a solid game, but you do need some skill :p

Trash Panic is also very very awesome! It's also very very cheap. Awesome for cheap = win!

I bought Ghostbusters for the kids yesterday. It's rubbish, but having played the demo I was expecting that.

Also bought Civilisation Revolution (cheap!). Brilliant. Okay, it's a very light version of the PC games (which I love). However, I like the fact it's light. I completed a game in four hours last night - as opposed to about 10 hours for a PC game.

This means it's actually a manageable sofa game :) You lose out on some of the micromanagement of the gameplay, and the world is smaller - but it's still great. It's entertaining and doesn't make you think your life is going to end before the game does :)

Got 3 on 3 NHL Arcade today. Managed to persuade my brother to go halves on it. Cracking game. Just great fun to play and as soon as a match ends you just want to go straight into another. It's got some really funny moments and provides quite a few laughs as you use power-ups to help turn the match in your favour. Even the computer on easy is pretty difficult to beat so it's always a challenge but it's not so hard you give up.
Great game and well worth the £6 something it was to get. :)

Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP

BUY IT NOW!!! ;)

Brilliant, brilliant game.

It's so much more satisfying than the plastic kit versions (except maybe drums).

It's a solid core gameplay version (based on Frequency and Amplitude) but it's honed to perfection. It's so rare that a game these days really challenges me and puts a huge smile on my face when I crack it. Pulling off a complex run on even medium difficulty is just so exceptionally satisfying.

Good initial track list, plus a song store for the PSP too! Cracking stuff! Another game worth owning a PSP for :)

(In comparison to the DS version of Guitar Hero, it's like comparing punching a brick and punching a pillow in terms of enjoyment - GH on the DS is punching the brick by the way)

SMILEBIT! MAKE MORE PANZER DRAGOON! MAKE MAAAORRAPKG.

NOT MARIO AND SONIC, THEY SUCK!

PANZER DRAGOOOOOON.

And another Jet Set/Grind Radio would be nice.

MOAR PANZER DRAGOON.