What's new

The best European Annual Pass

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Sorry if someone else has made this before, BUT

In a fiery haze of planning totally unrealistic road trips round and round Europe over and over again next year, I thought it would be interesting to discuss and compare the perks, prices and bits and bobs of various larger European theme park annual passes. For science. The aim? To find the best annual pass, or at least compare them all.

SO! Here is what I propose:
Discussion about different passes is more than welcome, but as an informative post I'd like to put each annual pass in this first one, so if you would like to contribute by posting useful information about each one please use and follow the structure below:

Park/Pass name: [Insert name here]
Cost: [££/€€ etc]
Resort discounts: [__%, food &or shops, parking etc/no]
Hotel Discounts: [__%/no]
Friend Discounts: [__%/no]
Other Park discounts: [Free entry/__%/no]
Other: [special events etc]

FOR EXAMPLE:
Park/Pass name: Merlin Premium Annual Pass UK
Cost: £unk - undergoing restructure
Resort discounts: 20% off food & drink, free parking
Hotel Discounts: 20% on selected hotels
Friend Discounts: 50%
Other Park discounts: Free entry to all UK Merlin attractions, 50% off pirate mini golf
Other: Preview Day Access

wojok040

Roller Poster
Park/Pass name: Bobbejanland Silver Pass (there is equivalent in Slagharen/Movie Park Germany/Belantis - although there are slight differences in scope)
Cost: 69,90 €
Resort discounts: 15% off food, drinks and shops
Other Park discounts: Unlimited free entry to: Slagharen, Movie Park Germany & Belantis.
Free one entry to all European Parques Reunidos ( Tropical Islands (DE), Parque de Atracciones Madrid (ES), Parque Warner (ES), Zoo Madrid (ES), Faunia (ES), Selwo Aventura (ES), Selwo Marina (ES), Blackpool Zoo (UK), Bournemouth Oceanarium (UK), Lakes Aquarium (UK), Marineland (FR), Aqualud (FR), Tusenfryd (NO), Bo Sommarland (NO), Bonbonland (DK), Mirabilandia (IT) )
Number of different discounts: https://www.bobbejaanland.be/abonnementsvoordelen

The one entrance to every european Parques Reunidos park really makes it work.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ive always liked the Plopsa passes:

Park/Pass name: Plopsa FunCard
Cost: €99.99 (€30 extra for free parking)
Resort discounts: Free entry into all Plopsa Parks including Holiday Park, 10% discount in shops
Hotel Discounts: No
Friend Discounts: No
Other Park discounts: Up to 50% off entrance into over 70 other European theme parks and attractions, inc. Phantasialand and Walibi Belgium, Free Entry into Liseberg, Free magazine.

More details here: https://www.plopsalanddepanne.be/en/yearcards

Similarly to the Bobbejaanland pass mentioned by @wojok040 above, it's the partner discounts that really make this pass stand out. Fairly sure that by using this pass, I've saved more at the partner parks than at the actual Plopsa parks...

Fi

Mega Poster
I’d second the Bobbejaanland/ Slagharen/Belantis as the best passes for Parques Reunidos. I haven’t checked every single park, but most seem to offer the one time entry to the others, however the Madrid parks charge 3 times as much for the equivalent and Mirabilandia is about double.

I’m going to recommend BPB as it’s worth getting just for the free entry to some European parks (go to 2 of them, or 1 plus 2 visits to BPB to break even)

Park/Pass name: Blackpool Pleasure Beach Platinum Pass
Cost: increases as year goes on, currently £99
Resort discounts: 10% off speedy pass, food & retail, 20% off photos
Hotel Discounts: 10% off
Friend Discounts: no
Other Park discounts: 1 free entry to each of Port Aventura, Isla Magica, Europa Park, Liseberg (while researching this post it appears Efteling has been removed, so not as good value as it used to be, but still pretty decent).

migo315

Roller Poster
Park/Pass name: Movie Park Germany / Gold Pass
Cost: 89 €
Resort discounts: 20% for food and shops (even Dunkin Donuts or Subway)
Hotel Discounts: -
Friend Discounts: 1 free ticket for each season / 26 € per ticket each day for 4 friends
Other Park discounts: Free entry to all european Parques Reunidos parks (depending on the park once or up to 5 times)
Other: Parking pass / Outside COVID times, there are also discounts for the Efteling and other parks, as well as for the cinema, zoos etc.

Very similar to the Bobbejanland pass presented by @wojok040

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Wow, cheers for the replies so far guys. Interesting stuff - if anyone knows about eh Europa/Efteling/Tover etc. passes, might be interesting to throw them in the mix?

Irishbhoy1967

Roller Poster
Ive always liked the Plopsa passes:

Park/Pass name: Plopsa FunCard
Cost: €99.99 (€30 extra for free parking)
Resort discounts: Free entry into all Plopsa Parks including Holiday Park, 10% discount in shops
Hotel Discounts: No
Friend Discounts: No
Other Park discounts: Up to 50% off entrance into over 70 other European theme parks and attractions, inc. Phantasialand and Walibi Belgium, Free Entry into Liseberg, Free magazine.

More details here: https://www.plopsalanddepanne.be/en/yearcards

Similarly to the Bobbejaanland pass mentioned by @wojok040 above, it's the partner discounts that really make this pass stand out. Fairly sure that by using this pass, I've saved more at the partner parks than at the actual Plopsa parks...

Can the 50% discounts to other parks only be used once or everytime you visit them ?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Can the 50% discounts to other parks only be used once or everytime you visit them ?

As far as I know, they are unlimited and can be used as many times as you want, not sure on the free Liseberg entry though. Just show your pass at the park's ticket gates and they'll process the discount. I've only used it once per park though so can't confirm.