What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

COUNTDOWN TO OPENING HAS BEGUN!

Follow this link to see the official countdown (click the New Texas Giant tab). This is how long it is until they announce the date that the Giant will be opening.

Today was opening day, and Guide to SFoT was there to snap some pictures and even a short, albeit good video showing the latest modifications.

Pictures courtesy of Guide to SFoT
drop.jpg

You can see the catwalks running down the drop for inspections

layout.jpg

Here you can see catwalks have been added to many parts of the track

midcourse.jpg

Here is the completed midcourse.

tunnel2.jpg

The second of the three tunnels leading up to the finale

tunnel.jpg

The third tunnel leading right into the final brake run

tgsign.jpg

And a nice close up of the new sign. I like it.

And here's the short video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-CFrh-tSU[/youtube]

Remember, we're just two days away from the announcement of the Texas Giant's opening day! Stay tuned!

I like the look of the tunnels. At least they've bothered to kind of theme them. They're pretty nice and suit the theme of the ride!

The opening date has been confirmed as Friday 22nd April by SF's twitter.

I wonder if my parents would consent in my skipping of school to go early? XD

And I actually sent an email to Six Flags to see if I can make it to be an extra in their Texas Giant commercial, so fingers crossed!

Wow, epic hangtime on the first drop!

Also, I think it looks great up to the MCBR, then it looks kinda dull. Hopefully it'll ride better!

Yeah, I checked their videos & can only find the ones from 1, 2 & 3 months ago. :?

It definitely WAS working, but Facebook seems to have pulled a Houdini, again. :roll:

Also, it looked kind of slow in the POV...

Not quite as fast as I expected. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Ravine Flyer II, Toro, B Dash, etc., but those banked turns look immense. Still looking forward to riding this & I'm expecting my POV to look a lot better. :wink:

^ XD

But yeah I think as it hasn't really been running for long it may take awhile to break in. This looks like one of those rides that you have to experience before making a final judgment.

A camera can only show so much. It can't give you any ideas of what the airtime is like, or how forceful a turn is, ect. ect.

Also, it doesn't seem like they've really loaded a train up to full capacity yet. Maybe this has something to do with one of those "Run in" deals.. You know, when you get a brand new car, there's a certain period of time where you shouldn't run your engine hard? That kind of break in.