What's new

Territories with a disproportionate number of a ride type.

Heth

Mega Poster
As far as I am aware, at present all bar one of the 'mini' gauge 6 seater B&M Dive Coasters are in Europe:

Krake - Heide Park
Oblivion The Black Hole - Gardaland
Baron 1898 - Efteling
Valkyria - Liseberg

The current exception is Western Regions Heaven.

It is also interesting that of the 14 overall dive coasters in operation in 2019, 5 are European.

Similar can be noted in wing coasters with a disproportionate 4 of the 13 currently operating models are in Europe.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Surrey for Mack figure 8 Powered coasters

Chessington's Scorpion Express & Thorpe's flying fish (for the entirety of the 80s this is the only coaster each park had)

Also Europe in general for Mack powered coasters (don't think there are many in the US)

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Surrey for Mack figure 8 Powered coasters

Chessington's Scorpion Express & Thorpe's flying fish (for the entirety of the 80s this is the only coaster each park had)

Also Europe in general for Mack powered coasters (don't think there are many in the US)
Actually, the USA doesn't have a single operating Mack Rides powered coaster! The only two in North America are in Canada (Thunder Run, Canada's Wonderland) and Mexico (Expreso Minero at Parque Plaza Sesamo). See: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?st=93&ol=1&cs=278&ty=1&mk=6856&ot=2

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Actually, the USA doesn't have a single operating Mack Rides powered coaster! The only two in North America are in Canada (Thunder Run, Canada's Wonderland) and Mexico (Expreso Minero at Parque Plaza Sesamo). See: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?st=93&ol=1&cs=278&ty=1&mk=6856&ot=2

Wow - kind of fascinating when you consider probably 2/3 of European parks have one! But when you think Mack coasters have only really taken off on the US in that last few years it's not surprising.

Last edited:

Heth

Mega Poster
I don't see how that's disproportionate when RCDB lists 7 in China alone.

The population of china is 6.5 times that of the four countries containing wing coasters in Europe.

In China there is 1 wing coaster per 195 million people. In Germany, UK, Italy and Netherlands combined there is a wing coaster per 55 million.

I would say that's pretty disproportionate.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
China has 3 of the 5 Megalites. Together with Kawasemi, that's 4/5 Megalites for Asia.

Both B&M Family Inverts are located in Chinese Happy Valley parks (Shanghai & Beijing).

5/7 Intamin "traditional" (non-prefab) wooden coasters are in Japan. All were built between 1992 and 2001. These are also the only wooden coasters ever built in Japan, with the infamous exception of White Canyon at Yomiuriland which was a RCCA/Togo collab of hell.

Heth

Mega Poster
I am pretty sure other countires also have a lot of poor rides, so not sure that counts. UK also has great rides too, but thene park side I'd be inclined to agree that it's not as good as other European countries like Germany and The Netherlands.