What's new

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

Emmett

Giga Poster
Thanks for the updates, this really has flown up over the past few days. Wasn't too keen on the colour scheme at first but I like the white track.

It really goes to show how much of a simple design these coasters are, it doesn't need too many supports.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Gotta love that dip after the first "turnaround"! I bet it's loaded with airtime, as is the "turnaround". In Kirnu you literally fly off the seat in that element, but to be that high off the ground your heart will be found in your throat!

A

Anonymous

Update time!!

Since the last update they have added a lot of smaller stuff to finish of the installation and preparing it for testing. They completed the pull-through a few days after they added the final piece, there is still just 2 car chassis on the track, I'm pretty sure that it will stay that way until they start to add the station building and get a floor under the station track. Yesterday they added the first of the 2 lift chains, and they are adding the second one as I write this. No sign of any station/control booth yet, so it won't start testing for a while...

Adding the second chain:
Insane090303.jpg

www.gronalund.com

Lofty

CF Legend
My god, they didn't ahng around did they lol!

I seriously want to ride this coaster soon, I loved Inferno, how easy is the park to get to from the UK?

A

Anonymous

^ Gröna Lund you mean?
RyanAir flies to Stockholm from 5 locations in the UK, then it's an one hour bus-ride to get into Stockholm, where you have to get a connecting bus to the park.

Anyway new pictures on RCDB:

p23034_109.jpg

I have to say that it looks really good, control room is visible in the lower right corner.

p23035_901.jpg

The 2 car chassis that have been attached so far.

p23036_123.jpg

These have been added to the cars on the track since this picture was taken.

p23037_107.jpg

Mmmmm...

p23038_813.jpg

Get that engine going, so you can start testing it.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
What's...with...the...pink?

Honestly, don't get it. I thought the colours of the track were ackward, but added with pink. Lame IMO.

But otherwise, it looks great! How many trains are there for Insane? In Kirnu (and probably Inferno) there are three, with stacking occurring always. In Kirnu it goes like this:

1. Train dispatches
2. The first of the remaining two "trains" enters loading area, whereas the second enters unloading area.
3. Before the now first train gets loaded (no pun), the dispatched train already makes it way through the track and enters "station level", but practically it's still in brakes, and cannot thus unload. So, the passengers have to wait.

I hope this stacking problem will be fixed.

A

Anonymous

^ There will be 5 trains on Insane, and seeing on the webcam you can clearly see that there is enough space for all 5 in the station. I would guess that they load them 2 at a time to speed up the process, so they could easily have 4 trains in the station at all times and a lot of space to spare.

A

Anonymous

New images on RCDB.

They have started work on the station now, but still no testing...

p23086_134.jpg

Mmmm

p23087_207.jpg

I have to say that it looks really delicious

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
It sure has sexy curves! (Still not a fan of the colours though)

Anyone going to Stockholm this year? I would love an offride video to compare with the other ZacSpins.

A

Anonymous

^ I really like the colours, they will work very well with the rest of Gröna Lund.

TPR will be going in June, so you can almost count that they will take both on and of ride videos of it, and I will also get there for the ride.

Thom25

Roller Poster
I think the ride looks amazing and can't wait to see it in action. Anyone know when testing is going to start?

A

Anonymous

^ I haven't seen the ride testing more then driving the cars back and forth in the station area.
They are currently constructing the framework for the station-area, the control-booth looks complete and I haven't seen any work on the coaster itself for the past few days, so it's pretty much done for testing.

A

Anonymous

Looks like they have started testing now!!

Insane_090404.jpg

Car in lower left corner.

They have also done a lot of work on the station since last update.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh good spot!!!

I seriously do think this will be quiete intesne, the only flaw I have was the break run was ****ing painful on Inferno!

A

Anonymous

A guy from Stockholm posted this on TPR.

insane_2_140.jpg

Gröna Lund is just a mess of coaster track.

jack.bell

Mega Poster
im off this year and will try to get a video of the ride for anyone interested? im off end of july to mid august exciting hey!
i deriously cant wait till i get to ride this and some of the others in sweden as im of to lisberg aswell!

A

Anonymous

Looks like Insane have received a sponsor, it's now called: Tele2 Insane...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Yay... now awaiting the next Tele2 package deal to be named Insane as well.

At least, it's not Superman.