What's new

Taron Vs Velocicoaster

Taron Vs Velocicoaster

• Total voters

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Hello all 🖐

I'm due to get my first ever rides on Taron in May! I've only ever done one other Intamin Multi-launch coaster (Velocicoaster) that is thrill-orientated.

I currently have Velocicoaster as my #2 due to it's great launches, theming and pops of airtime. Of course, Taron looks to offer some very similar elements (albeit no inversions). I do often hear others comparing the two but I'm curious to know what you folks prefer?

Apologies if a Taron v Velocicoaster thread has already been made....I'm not the best at navigating through this forum at times 🤦‍♂️😂

uwurawrus

Roller Poster
I prefer Taron.

Velocicoaster is good but Taron is a much whippier, much more out of control experience that just flings you around a lot more and takes place in a much prettier setting. It has better airtime, better laterals, is much more intense overall and definitely has a sense of raw power that Velocicoaster isn't even close to matching.

Projektion

Mega Poster
Taron

I also wasn't that impressed with Velocicoaster. It's a good ride, but given how much people rave about it and it tops peoples rankings, I was expecting more. Taron, on the other hand, is faster paced and has that extra bite to it that Veloci lacks in my opinion.

Also, that S-hill transition in Tarons first half is almost better than anything on Velocicoaster.

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
No contest for me - I thought Velocicoaster was more intense, more unpredictable, longer, bigger, badder, better, and it has *that* final inversion. The only thing Taron has that's better is the immersive themed land, but Velocicoaster's theme is pretty great too.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I prefer Taron.

Velocicoaster is good but Taron is a much whippier, much more out of control experience that just flings you around a lot more and takes place in a much prettier setting. It has better airtime, better laterals, is much more intense overall and definitely has a sense of raw power that Velocicoaster isn't even close to matching.

I would say almost entirely the opposite, aligning more with @Peet.

I can’t think of anything that Taron does remarkably better than VC aside from perhaps it’s theming, which even then is a matter of taste.

I would say that the first half of VC is probably slightly weaker than Taron, but the second half of VC is much more to my tastes than Taron.

Both are good fun, of course. I prefer Maverick to both.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden Taron but judging upon my opinions on Velocicoaster I think I would prefer Taron. Taron looks to have some of the intensity I was missing on Velocicoaster

JackFish

Mega Poster
I think I would prefer Velocicoaster, but I haven't ridden Taron. Based on Taron´s layout, I think it looks a little blander than Velocicoaster, and it's missing the roll. Maybe Ill change my mind if I ever get to ride it.

AnadinUK

Roller Poster
Definitely VelociCoaster for me, but both are amazing rides.

Taron is whippier, more disorienting and intense, whereas for me VelociCoaster is more like graceful power, and the inversions offer something that Taron doesn't. Both are extremely exhilarating, and depending on what I wanted in a ride I'd sometimes choose Taron, but VelociCoaster would definitely win more duels.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
After several rides on Taron (many in the front row) I can safely say I prefer this more than Velocicoaster.

Like others have said, they are both amazing, world-class coasters but Taron had clicked with me much more than VC. I feel that's partly to do with the ride experience and not just the coaster layout. Velocicoaster's 2nd half is mainly focused on its coaster elements, whereas Taron is constantly within it's themed area of Klugheim and makes that immersive experience that little bit better for me. I also feel like Taron had way more whip, airtime and intensity to it, both in the first and second half! And that 2nd launch....my god:oops:

I can totally see why others prefer Velocicoaster, and I do think it's all down to what one prefers in a coaster and the experience as a whole! I'm so glad to have done both now and I can't wait to see what other Intamin blitz/multi-launches are like 🙏

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Camp Taron...

In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure how much of my opinion is down to sentimentality. But I definitely didn't get that loving feeling with VC that I still get with Taron. It was great, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't 'special.' I can't quite put into words why, so I'm putting it down to sentiment.