What's new

Stupid F--king...

What's your tipple?

• Ignore them

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Half-Heartedly confront them/Register your disgust, and let it slide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stand stubbornly in the way, making use of any available weapons; bottles, comedy afros etc

• Vodka & Coke

• Total voters

lol

Mega Poster
Queue jumpers.

Inspired by a current thread, what do you do when confronted with these menaces? Do you queue jump? What do you do if there is a long, empty stretch of zig-zagging queue? I always walk round the entire length of the zig zags, but almost without fail get ****ed off when some **** just takes the quickest straight route through all the rails, thereby queue jumping. The problem is, you can't do it yourself, because then you'd be bypassing all your fellow zig-zag walkers. Happy day.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If possible, I let them go through, then tell the ride op they queue jumped and get them kicked off the ride :)

If there's no way I will be able to tell the ride-ops, I try to stop them to the best of my abilities. It depends how much abuse I';m expecting and if I'm with the family or not.

Though... I was in the queue for the Rapids at Alton the other week and stopped to get some sweets from the shop. The rest of the group carried on queueing. The guy in front was a real muppet, and the group were close to the front, so I rushed to get back to them... I then had to push past all these people, trying to get to the front. Lots of people weren't very happy at all... I'd have thought they'd have noticed me at the little shoppette waiting as they passed me originally, but no. Probably a quarter of the groups I passed stopped and challenged me. Pretty good really. I had around 20 groups to get through, so a queue jumper qould have really struggled right from the back :)

Angel

Hyper Poster
I just stand smack bang in the middle of the line and make sure that the way me and my mates are standing makes it hard for the queue-jumpers to get past without either pushing or asking. ;)

Or if your in the X:/No way out queue with CF'ers you just scream you lungs out once your inside to really f**k off the queue jumpers!

A

Anonymous

I always jump huge extension queues when they are empty, but if there is a large number of people going through it, I'll follow suit... but that never happens :D

I tend to ignore people who jump past proper queues, they don't bother me enough for me to gamble on them being aggressive.

Sam

Giga Poster
I tell them to **** off and refuse to let them pass... or if they are clearly bigger and stronger than me I reluctantly let them pass then spend the next few minutes saying what ****ers they are.

Ben

CF Legend
I'll either...

1. Make Friends with them if they're small.
2. Stand there and ignore them. If they push through I'll start yelling at them about why they think they're better than everyone else. They usually look down and leave. Or they keep shoving.

I've never personally come across a queue jumper in my life. But in a situation like the ones everyone is talking about, I would probably just ignore them unless there were more than 10, since waiting one extra train wouldn't make much of a difference (I'm just THAT nice).

As for there being one long zig zagging queue in front of me, not occupied by people, I'll just cut under the fences, since everyone does that anyway. Usually though, the parks will block off the unoccupied queues so that way you can just walk into the line and get in, without having to worry about walking or cutting under gates.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'll stand there and not do anything, but moan under my breath or to others when they push past me. I'm a coward and I tend not to say anything...

spicy

Giga Poster
Hmmmm depends who im with and what the situation is.

If it was me and my mates and someone was Q-jumping I will definately say something. If it was just me and my girlfriend I wont say anything.

They normally get chucked off the ride anyway, so it doesn't really matter if they do walk in front of you. :D

Jer

Strata Poster
when i see them behind and they come up i stand in there way and won't let them go through. It's fun :D cause then they get mad and push me. I just laugh and watch them get kicked off the ride.

Jake

Strata Poster
Sam said:
if they are clearly bigger and stronger than me I reluctantly let them pass then spend the next few minutes saying what ****s they are.

Snap!

Well, that, and what rob said mixed together I guess!

kir

Hyper Poster
Whoever it is, if they try and get past me I'll make a point of not moving for them, or moving in the way. I've been with CFers many a time when people have tried to get past, and I move purposely so they can't get through.

However, if it's someone who has jumped the queue and stood behind me I won't make a fuss of it, because it's behind me and it doesn't bother me.

At TP recently some hardcore Irish charvers queue jumped right behind us in the Stealth queue, and there was a point where they were trying to squeeze in behind me and I stood there without moving and they pushed me a bit, however knowing that they these kinds can be like there was no hope in hell of me saying anything to them. However, Ian did voice his disgust which I thought was awesome, considering these sort of people knife pedestrians for fun.

If it's someone I believe I can teach something by telling them what I really think then I'll do it, but in situations like above, it's best not to bother, because I don't go to a theme park looking for trouble like they obviously do...

A

Anonymous

i get peed off way too easily. the chavs annoy me by trying to push into the line thinking theyre hard. grrr........

Peter

Hyper Poster
Normally I stand in a position where it's impossible for queue jumpers to get past unless they shove me in the back and knock me over! :p

If they do manage to get past, then I normally tap them on the back and say something along the line of "Oi, there's a queue here!". 95% of the time they either ignore me, or swear and push further forward. I would never swear and make a big deal out of it, as that usually causes more trouble.

As for an empty zig zagging queue, if its easy and there is no-one in front of me I will jump over the queue fence. If there is anyone in front, then I walk around the whole line, as it really annoys me when people jump in front of you.