What's new

Son of Beast to be dismantled for further development.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: Son of Beast to be retracked by GCI?

Nobody has confirmed it will even be a coaster! Good thing they already have Dinosaurs Alive tough!

Naemuti

Mega Poster

500 foot tall 14 inversion Aquatrax wing rider that ends in a fountain under the Black Hole tent.

Just saved everyone 10 pages, you're welcome.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

_koppen said:
Nobody has confirmed it will even be a coaster! Good thing they already have Dinosaurs Alive tough!
Personally I think they should expand DA! into the SOB site and put another WindSeeker in there, too.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Put in a terrain launched coaster with inversions (like Magic Mountain is gonna do)

TilenB

Strata Poster

I would really want to ride with the loop :(
Its still the 4th longest coaster in the world :(

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Too bad it's being removed. I would have loved to ride it someday. They better put something really nice in there. I noticed that Kings Island doesn't have a B&M Invert or an Intamin Accelerator yet. Just saying...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

It may have been a torture device but I always wanted to ride it. Shame.
Ah well, hopefully it's replaced with something awesome.

marc

CF Legend

Just watched a pov and it looked good, hard to tell but it did not look rough.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

marc said:
Just watched a pov and it looked good, hard to tell but it did not look rough.

Well as we know can never truly judge a coaster by its POV.
Ask anyone. Supposedly it was the roughest woody out there. People I've met who love rough coasters even said it was just too much.
Still I would've liked to ride, at least for it's grand size and structure!

reddude333

Giga Poster

Oh well, Kings Island didn't even recognize its existence in the waning years.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

I'm just glad it's not just sitting there gathering dust anymore. Sitting there when new rides could have been put in. Coaster or otherwise

Snoo

The Legend

It was a coaster with good intentions that was delivered horribly. It's a shame, because it was a unique and interesting.. but mostly painful experience. I did get to experience it in all forms, with and without loop, old trains and GCI's.. and it never really got better. But those heights were incredible for a woodie.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
And it just looked so awesome.
In fact all the RCCA coasters look really great, shame that apparently they all are kind of terrible.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
They should replace SOB with a Rocky Mountain ride of similar design/layout...complete with the loop.
If they replace it with anything that isn't 200ft AND (at least sort of) wooden, they've been stupid in my eyes.

Snoo

The Legend
With the way CF is towards woodies.. I doubt they'd replace it with another woodie tbh. I'd love to be wrong.. but I just do not think so. A gigantic steel? Most likely.

bmac

Giga Poster
After the fiasco(s) and the bad blood from Son of Beast I honestly don't think KI's next coaster will be wood.

andrus

Giga Poster
Snoo said:
With the way CF is towards woodies.. I doubt they'd replace it with another woodie tbh. I'd love to be wrong.. but I just do not think so. A gigantic steel? Most likely.
Agreed. Since CW and KD recently received giga coasters I think it's a likely scenario that KI got their own giga as well.