What's new

SoB Station to be used as Haunt, no effort to reopen ride

RCF

Strata Poster
From Screamscape,

Screamscape said:
We’ve heard from several sources that the work taking place in the Son of Beast station building is indeed for a new Halloween Haunt attraction and not part of a covert effort to get the ride running again.

Maybe since it's not open for the rest of the year they might as well use the station for something for right now? Or could this mean something else?

CMonster

Giga Poster
Oh well, at least they're recycling.

Although, I bet with a little retracking and stuff (read as complete overhaul), SoB could be a really fun ride. In pictures, it looks amazing.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If they're trying to do something like this, then that would be absolutely awesome*:

carnivalload.jpg

*The whole run down roller coaster look, not the warzone.

Lofty

CF Legend
How big is that station? Is it of a decent size?

I like it when parks do things like this. Use spaces you would usually assume to not be 'workable' for Scare/Haunted Attractions.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I almost hope that they don't take SOB down and just leave it to rot. It's scary just to look at, looming back there.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^^The station really isn't big at all. If they're doing a full sized haunt, then it's not going to be limited to the station.

Snoo

The Legend
A walk through the station could happen.. but it isn't that big.. no bigger then Maverick's tbh. The whole AREA could work though.. as you could go below the station.. around below Flight Deck like CP did around MF.. ect ect.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm sure they could open up some areas where you can walk through the structure of the ride. Just the idea of converting SOB's station into a haunt makes me think of a haunted roller coaster type deal.

A bit of a dream here, but what if they opened a small portion of the catwalks as part of the haunt? Maybe out of the station down that first drop into the ravine?