What's new

SOB SBNO?

guitarkevin4life said:
rollerdude said:
You guys are exaggerating. The ride isn't THAT bad. Yes, it's terrible to some of the gems that we've been on, but man up and ride it.

Thank you very much. I don't think it's even that bad. I like it. If over two weeks went by after the lady was "injured" and nobody else was, I don't think there was a malfunction in the ride. She most likely has a medical condition, and should not have ridden in the first place. I too live about 10 minutes from KI, probably ridden SoB around 100 times, and I have never experienced pain after I rode Son of Beast. Maybe on the ride yes, but none afterwards. Good job summing it up, rollerdude.

I, too, think that the injury is related to rider error as well, just like most* amusement park injuries. Although I must admit, when I rode it on June 14th, it was a lot smoother than I remember from the previous year. It was even better than when the loop was still in.

*Lassiter is a different story. That wasn't her fault at all.

Rider error meaning riding something she probably shouldn't. Was there any information about any medical history like high blood pressure?

Sometimes it may not be rider error though.. like the ride ****ing hurts. My brain wasn't feeling to well when I got off and I am fit as a fiddle. ;)

screamscape
Park News - (6/24/09) The latest update on the whole Son of Beast situation says that the woman who filed the complaint about the ride was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit where she was suffering from a broken blood vessel in her brain. Ouch… SOB doesn’t even have OTS restraints to bash you in the head so this can’t be good news.
source http://screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm
I think this may be the final nail in the coffin for SOB :big4:

Why would she be admitted into the ICU months after a supposed blood vessel popped in her head? If it was really that harmful, wouldn't it have had some serious effect on her already?

Whatever.. It's silly. I'm glad I got the credit in case it doesn't reopen. Here's for tearing it down and building a GOOD wooden coaster in its place :p .

You do know its quite fatal when your brain bleeds? Can also cause blood clots which can lead to a massive heamorage. It takes only a few days.

It said she WAS admitted to Intensive Care. That doesn't mean she waited a month and a half. She could have gone in the day after, for all we know.

I am starting to wonder if SOB caused this, or if something else did it to her. Because, it shouldn't have taken this long for this to happen.

monkeyonatable said:
I am starting to wonder if SOB caused this, or if something else did it to her.
Exactly.

In order for this to hold up in court this woman needs to prove beyond reasonable doubt that SoB is what caused the blood vessel breakage.

Her case is not going to hold up in court, and SoB will be in the clear and able to reopen...sadly.

Am I the only one who can ride wooden coasters relatively fine?

SoB wasn't bad. At all. You just have to lean forward with some rides to make them bareable. The only coaster I thought was bad was Vortex, and I still have a headache from that.

^ Err, I can ride wooden coasters just fine. The only two I have an issue with are Son of Beast and Wild Beast.

Vortex wasn't that rough at all!

Still, she should've contacted the park as soon as possible. Even if she was in intensive care and couldn't contact herself, she should've had a doctor do it. If something as serious as that happens on a ride, the park should be contacted immediately. Those of us who were there for the live should not have ridden it. The ride should have been closed at the beginning of the month.

But this won't come to anything as you are warned before you get in the queueline about roller coasters. Any roller coaster with strong forces can induce this kind of injury.