What's new

Snow.

Got 22+ inches of the white stuff overnight. Lots of shoveling done this morning.
IMG_2153Small.jpg

IMG_2160Small.jpg

IMG_2165Small.jpg

I was in the same storm Jerry was. I got somewhere around 2ft.

162645_1788576675480_1271476543_32089653_3408226_n.jpg

this is how my back door was at 1:30am

167390_1788725199193_1271476543_32090182_3376522_n.jpg

and this was it when I woke up. Well not really when I woke up but it pretty much looked the same throughout the day. This was a snow drift so the snow wasn't really that high every where else it's just crazy.

166476_1786896793484_1271476543_32084825_4060896_n.jpg

and that was my car yesterday during said storm.

^^Was going to message you on fb to see how you were getting on. We thought we got it bad lol.

I see your airports opened again after a few hours unlike ours :)

marc said:
^^Was going to message you on fb to see how you were getting on. We thought we got it bad lol.

I see your airports opened again after a few hours unlike ours :)
Yeah, everything shut down for a few hours overnight, but back to normal today. We don't get hammered like this very often, but at least we know how to deal with it. Europe gets greater snowfall than we do, but it always seems to have a bigger impact due to the lack of preparation.
As far as me personally, I was stuck at the office for a few extra hours until they plowed the local streets so I could drive home. Even after the extra wait & the shoveling, I was still able to get enough sleep before heading back to the office.
Can't wait to hit the slopes on Wednesday! :--D

^Yes i saw that on the news it's really cool and shows the ridiculous amount of snow we got

That video is from Belmar, New Jersey, which isn't far from NYC.
You have to keep in mind that last night's blizzard was the equivalent of a category 3 hurricane with 50-80 mph winds. It was the most the thunder & lightning I have ever heard/seen during a snow storm. It was a real mess, but pretty damn amazing!

East Coast(er) General said:
It was the most the thunder & lightning I have ever heard/seen during a snow storm. It was a real mess, but pretty damn amazing!

I have only seen/heard that once in my lifetime over here in the UK. I was under the impression it is quite 'rare' here. Does it happen a lot over there?

Not really. I've experienced it a few times in Germany as well, but then I've been around a lot longer than you. :wink:

I have seen that 3 times now and its amazing to see and the whole sky just lights up and all you see is the snow falling.

I could, that was only the snow drift on the back door of my house. The plowed the roads and did a god awful job, we just had to shovel the driveway.