What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

cookie

Giga Poster
Walibi Belgium has shared an image of what they intend their new winter event to look like:

1679566714079.jpeg

The park also has plans to be open for the February break next year as part of the move to become more of a year-round destination. Activities for the Christmas and February events will be announced at a later date.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Am I going insane? I swear to god I saw something about SFA 2024 being announced today but I can't find it.

EDIT: It was yesterday. RipQurl Blaster (water coaster) replacing Zoomazon Falls.

Niles

Giga Poster
So Avonturenpark Hellendorn was set to open RidderStrijd a Reverchon spinning wild mouse from what was La Feria Chapultepec Magico in early 2022, many delays have happened but it was completed with theming ready for this year with testing apparently taking place, however the coaster currently looks like this:
1.jpg

A lot of the track has gone with only the breaks to the top of the lift left. This is due to the rest of the track having to be strengthened back at the Reverchon factory. The park are now aiming for a summer opening, this seems like a lot of effort for a wild mouse.

Source

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
ERM...

o57jejh3nxpa1.jpg

Niles

Giga Poster
Bobbejaanland have given a preview of their re-theme Indiana River flume now called Terra Magma.

Scenes

In total there will be 14 scenes, Cave Corridor, The Sinkhole, The Tropical Journey, The Arrival in Paradise, The Bright Side, The Hurricane, The Storm, The Aftermath, The Night Awakes, The Dark Side, The Point of No Return, The Eruption, The New Life and The Memories of Paradise. Here some of the concept art.

1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg
5.jpg6.jpg
7.jpg8.jpg
9.jpg11.jpg
10.jpg

Outdoor theming
1.jpg
2.jpg3.jpg

A peek inside

4.jpg

Storyline

”Adventurers once came to the island of Terra Magma. They were curious, because they had heard that all kinds of magical powers were present here. The station is their last base-camp, the place from which they went to explore.”

”In the queue-line, visitors are going to see the story come to life piece by piece through cave drawings, a kind of warning, what you are going to encounter. We are going to make it clear with effects and audio that nature is in charge here and that we have to live in harmony with nature,” continues Matthias. ”The moment we ascend the first lift we enter a kind of paradise, but very soon it becomes apparent that the island has many more secrets.”

I'm really liking the look of this retheme, the concept art looks great.

Source
Source
Via

Hutch

Strata Poster
That section of Boulder Dash apparently had an accident happen on it last year so I can see why they’d want to strengthen that part of the track. Wonder if it’ll make the trains run the rest of the course a bit faster.
I hadn't heard about this. Do you know what happened? I was surprised that the first drop of all spots would hold priority on titan track installation. I suppose the bottom and the following turn receive plenty of wear and tear, but there are other spots along the layout that are much rougher.

I'm all for making the ride run a little smoother, but I'm not a fan of how it looks. The gray is way too jarring. And hopefully this doesn't require much tree removal to install these things.

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
I hadn't heard about this. Do you know what happened? I was surprised that the first drop of all spots would hold priority on titan track installation. I suppose the bottom and the following turn receive plenty of wear and tear, but there are other spots along the layout that are much rougher.

I'm all for making the ride run a little smoother, but I'm not a fan of how it looks. The gray is way too jarring. And hopefully this doesn't require much tree removal to install these things.
From what I remember the ride was loaded. The train struck a branch, causing it to Valley

davidm

Strata Poster
So seemingly the news is now that the nasty right-wing Florida politicians are backing down (presumably having realised the financial consequences of their political grandstanding).

It gets better.

Disney trolling the nasty-right-wing Florida politicians now.

cookie

Giga Poster
Tumoultous times at Plopsa. Steve van der Kerkhof, the general manager who spearheaded the company’s agressive expansion over the past decade, was fired late last week after a company investigation found he had a long history of abusive and transgressive behavior towards his staff. The Plopsa Group’s marketing director was also let go for similar reasons. The Studio 100 Chairman of the Board, Koen Clement, runs things for the time being, and is working closely with labor unions to establish a whistleblower system to combat the kind of behavior that led to Kerkhof’s dismissal.

Last edited:

Changa

Mega Poster
It gets better.

Disney trolling the nasty-right-wing Florida politicians now.

Just to make sure I didn't read this whole case wrong. The florida government immediately stripped them of the Reedy Creek protections just because they disagreed with a (horribly scummy) policy they were trying to get through? Can they just impose specific laws on anyone, without any checks, who has a differing opinion?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Just to make sure I didn't read this whole case wrong. The florida government immediately stripped them of the Reedy Creek protections just because they disagreed with a (horribly scummy) policy they were trying to get through? Can they just impose specific laws on anyone, without any checks, who has a differing opinion?
Not a fan of the current crop of Florida govt but Disney is not as innocent as you might think. It all comes to your stance on corporate activism and politics in entertainment. While I leave these opinions up to you, there is an impact.

Disney has been notorious for supporting whatever administration would allow them to financially prosper, often to the point of direct influence and questionable moral values. Publicly, they’ve championed social messaging, more so as of the last several years. A noble goal indeed, but unfortunately politics is the death of entertainment. If you pander to 50% of your clients, you’ll ultimately push away the other half. Look at examples from the other side, aka Adventureland Iowa’s previous owners staunchly supporting the local reds in exchange for influence, or Mandy’s open relations with the Tories - in the long run, these things don’t end well. The people at Disney pushing this activism are not the ones who see the resulting public relations and financial impact on the company. And if your solution to this conundrum is to not give a **** about catering to the other side, then you’re only contributing to the issue.

This tangent brings us back to Disney’s spat with DeSantis. Ultimately one of them is a government, and the other is a corporate that seeks to heavily profit. If you’re in the entertainment business, you should not be attempting to meddle with politics. Disney is one of the largest and most successful companies the world has ever seen, even one with their special self-governed district. If you poke the bear over a hill that has zero repercussions for you whatsoever, or even before that brandish a gun in front of that bear, then it’s going to bite your head off. Simple fact of life.