What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Skyline has announced the TrailRunner product, Basically it is the p'sghetti coaster but a family version. Can be launched or lift, and they have stated that if any orders are placed during IAAPA, could open Summer 2023.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Liseberg has announced their biggest Christmas investment ever. In total they will spend 10 million sek (about 1 million usd) to create a Santa Village. A large focus will be on pixies, with costumed actors that do various things around the village. The small stage will be converted into a "Pixie Cottage" with pixies doing various things and Santa also being there. Most of the west of the park will be taken up by this village. The Santa Village Square will be constructed in front of Valkyria's and Balder's stations, this square will host various activates and serve as a focal point. Kållerado's station will serve as "Santa's house", there you can meet Santa himself as well as watching pixies at work. The whole area will also have some kind of treasure hunt using doors, at the final door there will be a pixie waiting for you.

EyvsxfK_ZBaBsb5Odu5D0dBeqJA.jpg

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Surely after three years of renting these cheap-looking fairground rides they could have bought some actual new rides for the park? It was fine for a filler year after COVID-19, but they've outstayed their welcome...
I agree, but they are working on a Nemesis retrack, indoor coaster / ride, Dual retheme, and potentially NST reopening... Maybe the time just isn't right.
Also, when all 4 of those open, they will either bring brand new capacity, or will be more popular due to the makeover, and create capacity that way, so the need for retro squad won't be quite as high. They could then work on adding one of two permanent flats the following season.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I agree, but they are working on a Nemesis retrack, indoor coaster / ride, Dual retheme, and potentially NST reopening... Maybe the time just isn't right.
Also, when all 4 of those open, they will either bring brand new capacity, or will be more popular due to the makeover, and create capacity that way, so the need for retro squad won't be quite as high. They could then work on adding one of two permanent flats the following season.

Yes you're right on that part @Nicky Borrill - they are spending a huge amount over the next few years - but it does seem counter-intuitive to keep renting year after year when the cost of renting could outweigh a purchase. I'm no expert on the cost of these rentals or purchases, but I'm sure there are plans somewhere to bulk out their lineup, hence why they're renting them as they know there is a need.

Matt N

CF Legend
I must say, I’m surprised that Universal are allowing that… I thought they had the exclusive theme park rights to Potter? Or am I making that up?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Wow, I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to see Warner Brothers World do a Potter area. Very interested to see how it turns out.

davidm

Strata Poster
Only in areas they operate presumably... It's a Warner Brothers I.P everywhere else.

Hence WB Studio Tour existing in the UK
Its probably a lot more selective than that ; Harry Potter theme park in Osaka, Harry Potter studio attraction tour thing (being built) just up the Shinkansen in Tokyo

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
The Harry Potter thing is probably only counting for the USA. but that is depending on many different things
Because London in the UK has their Studio Tour and they don't have a Universal themepark like Orlando and Hollywood. And New York has a Harry Potter store located at Broadway.

Niles

Giga Poster
So Six flags had there 3rd quarter meeting. They still are not doing great will a loss of 21% in revenue but the CEO has done a 180 and had this to say.

"While in park amenities and events are our primary focus in 2023. We’ll continue to add new record breaking coasters to our parks over time. And we’ll look forward to some exciting announcements on this front in the near-future."

I dont trust him but its good to here coasters are not off the table, hope we do see some Investments come to the parks.

See the full transcript here: Source

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
So Six flags had there 3rd quarter meeting. They still are not doing great will a loss of 21% in revenue but the CEO has done a 180 and had this to say.

"While in park amenities and events are our primary focus in 2023. We’ll continue to add new record breaking coasters to our parks over time. And we’ll look forward to some exciting announcements on this front in the near-future."

I dont trust him but its good to here coasters are not off the table, hope we do see some Investments come to the parks.

See the full transcript here: Source
SFOG launch is coming very soon is my guess