Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm just here for this thing:

REzN24j.png

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm just here for this thing:

REzN24j.png
That looks like something you’d build to do Peep Bowling in RCT3 or Planet Coaster… is it finished yet, or is it still under construction?

Or is that big stripy thing on the floor their way of stopping you?
P.S. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of Peep Bowling, or just want a nice dose of nostalgia:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That looks like something you’d build to do Peep Bowling in RCT3 or Planet Coaster… is it finished yet, or is it still under construction?

Or is that big stripy thing on the floor their way of stopping you?
P.S. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of Peep Bowling, or just want a nice dose of nostalgia:
The big stripy thing looks like either a pool or airbag that you fly (read: Fall) into...

Peet

Giga Poster
Ok now, this is not okay. The PTC lapser came clean off the Montezum RCCA wooden coaster at Brazil's Hopi Hari yesterday. Skip to 1:50 in the linked reddit video to catch the action;
View attachment 15037
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/rf5zqy
Oof that is NOT a ride you would want to ride without a restraint; by far the roughest I have ever been on, lucky they stopped the ride on the lift. The ride did appear to be suffering a major lack of maintenance, so it's not an enormous surprise that something like this could happen there, I'm just glad it wasn't something more serious.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Isn't that the same park where somebody died on their drop tower after falling off a seat with a faulty restraint?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Toverland are upgrading their log flume, with lots more theming, effects, story and a new queue line, plus some other fun extra features:

BH_Zork_Birdseye_High-resolution.jpg

Things you like to see...

Their log flume was already a highlight for us... But then a classic log flume always is :)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Illinois is getting it's first alpine coaster. Named Aeries Alpine Coaster, it is expected to open Sept 2022 and is to be designed by weigand (probably butchered the spelling)

Can't see that article in Europe (FFS). Also, it's Wiegand. 😏

Skyye

Mega Poster
Close enough 😂

Can't see that article in Europe (FFS)
GRAFTON, Mo. – An Alpine coaster is coming to Aerie’s Resort on the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Grafton, Illinois. The amusement ride is the first of its kind in the state and will bring passengers on stainless steel rails through 3,000 feet of wooded hillside and skim along limestone outcroppings at speeds up to 25 mph.

“The Alpine Coaster has been something we have wanted to build at Aerie’s for several years and now that dream is a reality,” writes Sandy Lorton, co-owner of Aerie’s Resort.

This is an all-ages adventure ride that will be open year-round. Two people will get on the sled and ride through twists and turns in the natural landscape. They will be rising among the seasonal foliage. At the end of the line, a cable system pulls the sled and riders up 875 feet, returning to the starting point.

Wiegand Sports is working to design and build the coaster. The company is the North American division of a German company that has installed over 270 of the coasters worldwide. Their rides are the only mountain coasters that apply with safety standards from the following agencies: DIN, ISO, ASTM, CSA and CA-OSHA.

“The City of Grafton is excited that Aerie’s Resort will be adding a new, thrilling adventure ride called the Aeries Alpine Coaster to their resort at the top of the bluffs. This family-friendly action activity will supplement Aeries’ famous zipline and SkyTour making it a tourism destination for all ages,” Grafton Mayor Mike Morrow remarked.

The coaster is expected to open in September of 2022. Learn more or follow the progress of the construction on social media at: www.aeriesresort.com

Edit: Grafton IL is just north of St. Louis, so it isn't too far from SFSTL

Matt N

CF Legend
Away from Exodus, it would appear that Thorpe Park are gauging public opinion for a “Carnival” event in 2022.

Various things are being surveyed, including event contents and visual style; the two visual styles you get to pick between are:
[IMG]

Survey link here: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...1S1LAw27ynO8nI9qTnMtBbrK91KzcyQERjN3UiwvU&s=1

What are you guys’ thoughts? I personally prefer style B (it’s more what I think of when I think carnival, personally), and I thought that the inclusion of “pop-up fairground rides”, in the survey was intriguing… could Thorpe Park be trying its own initiative similar to the RetroSquad at Alton Towers for at least part of 2022?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To my mind it's slightly in the phrasing.

Going to the/a carnival - that's an old timey fun fair, basically - looks like graphic B.

Going to Carnival (harder 'a' sound typically, too) - that's that massive festival they do in Brazil every year - looks like graphic A.