What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Gonna be a rough time for LWV over the next few months, covid and this...

Remembered there is a thread for this accident, so posted it there... Sorry admins, feel free to delete. :)

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A small new park themed to the Smurfs has just opened in Shanghai, China
The Smurf Theme Park is a well themed indoor park with a small spinning coaster called the Smurfberry Roller Coaster.
The park also has what appears to be a very high quality dark ride themed to the Smurfs (Images of that when i can find some good ones)
Smurf1.jpgSmurf4.jpgSmurf6.jpgSmurf7.jpgSmurf8.jpg

The park has opened right next door to the amazing looking Intercontenental Wonderland Shanghai. Which was built in a disused Quarry and is very much on my must visit hotel list.
SMurf10.jpg
The Hotel has its own mini amusement park called Dream City which can bee seen below. This park has no coasters but sits atop the cliff face.
The new Smurf Park (owned by the same company as Dream City) can be seen in the background here, Its the big white box.
Dream City.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Interesting, thanks. I knew roomraider would know! Non-inverting loop sounds like it might be good on a spinner.
An update on one of those Maurer spinning coasters. It turns out there never was a spinning Maurer at Respublika in Kiev. There was some crossed wires between the DB and Maurer and the ride is at a different mall in Kiev called the Blockbuster Mall.
Which means its this one.
FB_IMG_1590914394503.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
An update on one of those Maurer spinning coasters. It turns out there never was a spinning Maurer at Respublika in Kiev. There was some crossed wires between the DB and Maurer and the ride is at a different mall in Kiev called the Blockbuster Mall.
Which means its this one.
View attachment 8441
That makes sense. I was always a bit confused as to where rcdb got the info of the Maurer Spinner at Respublika, as it never appeared on any of the construction photos or concept art.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, that settles one of the longest-standing construction threads we had stickied. That is, we destickied it a few months back due to a lack of news, but at least the status of the ride is cleared. Not going to bump that long-dead thread for it, however. Not worth the bother.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well, that settles one of the longest-standing construction threads we had stickied. That is, we destickied it a few months back due to a lack of news, but at least the status of the ride is cleared. Not going to bump that long-dead thread for it, however. Not worth the bother.
Someone did buy the mall last year. So it may pop up again. You never know, the Vekoma is still there after all. Rest assured I will be ready to bump any long dead thread when needed. :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Rest assured I will be ready to bump any long dead thread when needed.
Good to hear! The Roller Coaster Construction forum tends to collect a few sleeping threads at the end of the sticky list, so if you happen to have more up-to-date information on those coasters and their status, it'll always be appreciated!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
However, if they don't have a blocking system that allows for 2-train operations that sucks anyway...

Good on their part to have a second train to rotate them throughout the season but still...