What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looping Park in São Paulo, Brazil has installed a Schwarzkopf Looping Star as its main attraction. The temporary park will be open outside the Litoral Plaza Shopping Centre until the 15th of March.

Loopingstar1.JPGLoopingstar2.JPGLoopingstar3.JPGLoopingstar4.JPG

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The different in aesthetic between the second and third picture is quite stark! Looks pretty great in the third picture!

Two months to get the cred - not much time for a quick trip to the other hemisphere! :D

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yes it appears Ita Park has closed down so it is almost certainly that one.

this park is being set up by the ex president of Hopi Hair who was described to me as a very dodgy man. Take that as you will haha

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yes it appears Ita Park has closed down so it is almost certainly that one.

this park is being set up by the ex president of Hopi Hair who was described to me as a very dodgy man. Take that as you will haha
Looking at the aerial imagery, it appears that Ita Park was relocated some 15km Northeastern from its former location. Since the new location is much smaller than the old one was, there probably wasn't space for the Looping Star in the move?

Peet

Giga Poster
I just spotted on rcdb that the 4 man bob that has operated at (amongst others) Alton Towers, Pleasure Island, Flamingo Land and latterly Loudoun Castle, has apparently been relocated to a currently closed park in France, listed as opening in 2020:

Mack have also released a new concept for an upgrade of pulsar (water coaster), however this time, the concept features a vertical loop... It looks pretty damn insane. Can be seen in the video at 6:50

Well... There was a rumour that Six Flags Magic Mountain could replace Tidal Wave/Green Lantern First Flight sites with a Powersplash or something for 2021. Maybe since the park does it big... This is what they meant aha ?

Clrun4

Roller Poster
Mack Rides today revealed at a fan convention a new dark ride/water ride concept called: The Rocking Boat. Looks quite interesting.

Am I the only one to think it could be a thing for the revamp of Piraten in Batavia ? I mean, we know Mack like to have their rides in EP (even if it's less accurate these days) but, for the park and for the manufacturer, it would be a great thing to have this new ride for Piraten, isn't it ?