What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Peet

Giga Poster
Didn't see this posted anywhere else, feel free to delete if I missed it.

Used B&M bat clone is up for sale. Even though these are nothing new, I think this is cool news since now some park that could use a good invert but might not be able to afford it can scoop one up at a more reasonable price (assuming it's still in decent condition)
Interesting, it must be this one from Kuwait:

It's been SBNO since 2016 but I'm sure it's still salvageable.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Interesting, it must be this one from Kuwait:

It's been SBNO since 2016 but I'm sure it's still salvageable.
It is indeed Lightning from Entertainment City. If the pictures weren't enough the fact the train is only 6 cars long.

While that's cool to see. I really want Oasis Express the unique schwartzkopf speed racer from the park to have been saved. It appears it was taken down rather than ripped down but its not on site anymore so no idea what it's fate is.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The same thing happened with Millennium Force when the overbank failed the clearance test, had to cut the support and fill it in like that.
Tell that to the many first-season riders that slapped the tip of their fingers against that support. I think the modification was made between the first and second operating season of MF.

As for these support modifications on el Condor, is it because it's the prototype and its supports are slightly different from the subsequent clones or just to be safe? As far as I recall, none of the SLC that have received new-gen SLC trains have had any modifications (Great Nor'Easter, El Jaguar, to name a few)...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As for these support modifications on el Condor, is it because it's the prototype and its supports are slightly different from the subsequent clones or just to be safe? As far as I recall, none of the SLC that have received new-gen SLC trains have had any modifications (Great Nor'Easter, El Jaguar, to name a few)...
This does seem like a likely explanation - although I believe Great Nor'Easter has a much different support structure due to it's location.

In terms of the structural integrity? I wouldn't worry about it - structural engineers know what they're doing. If they can make the CCTV Building in Beijing stand up, I'm sure they can notch a support on an SLC. ;)

Will

Strata Poster
Hmm... not exactly optimistic for the future of Lightwater Valley or the Ultimate, but I've been saying that for best part of a year now.

Without any real standout attractions, I'm not sure they can compete with any of the nearby parks, which is a fairly depressing state of affairs :(

HighExtreme

Roller Poster
It seems Lightwater Valley are also removing their "rapids" ride too. Although the park have hinted since re-opening last summer that they were moving towards a family focus, the news is no-less heart breaking. Do we all remember the great success American Adventure had when they closed their thrill rides to focus on family rides?

@CoasterTouring on twitter has said that Raptor Attack is for sale for £30k

On a side note it will be interesting to see if any of the rides are moved to sister park Flambards, which lets face it, if they opened a packet of crisps it would be welcomed news at this point.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
:(
According to this FB Post 6 new rides are coming to Lightwater Valley, all family rides might it be noted
I'm just kind of waiting for the place to die at this point.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Hmm... not exactly optimistic for the future of Lightwater Valley or the Ultimate, but I've been saying that for best part of a year now.

Without any real standout attractions, I'm not sure they can compete with any of the nearby parks, which is a fairly depressing state of affairs :(

Exactly. I haven't been optimistic about the place for ages now but it is certainly a bleak future for them now.

Had a look at their website earlier and without Raptor Attack, there is unfortunately no reason for me to make a return visit...

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I can't see this ending well for Lightwater Valley. Maybe they'll be able to scrape by indefinitely with a significantly reduced line-up, accompanying cost cuts and a reduced number of younger visitors accompanied by their parents, but I'm sceptical.

I'm not sure how many parks aimed entirely at children can be considered to be a success, particularly if they're not located near to major population centres, but I certainly can't think of many success stories of parks that formerly had a broad appeal and decided to narrow it down substantially. They've just alienated a large number of potential customers, namely families with both younger and older children, for whom Lightwater Valley is no longer an appealing day out.

emoo

Hyper Poster
^
I'll make the effort for a last ride on the Ultimate. If it opens.

I'll be sad/annoyed if it does the same to me as Tornado at M&Ds.

I would be aghast if the Ultimate travels 🤣 A shame the Rat retheme didn't lead to a better alternate future and the park is heading to bland town.

Glad the B&M Invert is up for sale, now possible to complete the set one day.