What's new

Skyrush or Expedition Geforce?

What is better Skyrush or Expedition Geforce?

• Skyrush

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Expedition Geforce

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Skyrush - consistent throughout the train, fabulous open feeling and terrific airtime, EGF is just so inconsistent...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've only ridden Ge Force, but I was extremely underwhelmed by it. The trims were also on extremely high.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
GeForce seems to be running quite inconsistent. Some people say it lacks airtime and speed, while others rate it quite highly. When I rode it, it had crazy airtime and an amazing first drop. I barely noticed the trims.

andrus

Giga Poster
GeForce was slow and lacked airtime (other than the drop) when I rode it. Skyrush is crazy fast and has plenty of airtime throughout the ride!! Only downside is the slightly uncomfortable restraints.. Easy win for Skyrush! :--D

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Skyrush was actually the underwhelming one for me. I didn't feel like it was trying to rip me out my seat particularly, apart from maybe when it jerks you forward part-way down the first drop, but I just thought that was weird tbh. It also had a nasty rattle at the bottom of the first drop and the big swooping turns. The restraints are a bit bad, but it didn't stop me riding it in all fairness.

Expedition GeForce is much better. Fantastic first drop, fantastic airtime, fantastic smoothness... basically it's just fantastic :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Skyrush by a decent margin for me, and I rate both very highly. I had next to no trimming on my trip to holiday world so had one of the better experiences and it's still not in the same league as my number 1.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Expedition GeForce for me. Both are quality coasters, just EGF has more enjoyable and prolonged airtime.

Ben

CF Legend
Skyrush, it's not even a question.

EGF sort of drags itself round, not giving any airtime.

Skyrush drags you around like you're an Orca trainer, throwing you down that drop, round the turns, out your seat. It's perfection.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Although being thrashed around by Tilikum is probably safer. I'm sure Intamin are responsible for more deaths than SeaWorlds prize possession.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Now i've not ridden Skyrush, but EGF certainly didn't disappoint last weekend. Whether the heat was a factor, possibly, but the trims barely operated, and it certainly hasn't lost any airtime in the last 10 years.

I find it hard to comprehend that people suggest it has 'no' airtime... I was 'out-of-seat' for the majority of all the rides I had, no matter where on the train I was. There's plenty of airtime. There may be stuff out there with more, but this still has plenty.

nealbie

CF Legend
My problem with EGF isn't that it has no airtime, it's that where you want airtime it just goes round endlessly disappointing corners. :(

ThomVD

Giga Poster
It has like seven airtime hills that all deliver. I don't see the problem with a few turns to give a little bit of variety.

Ben

CF Legend
The first airtime hill is the only one I really enjoyed.

I do need to re-ride it though, I'd have said the same about Bizarro before re-riding it this year.

Skyrush however, is incredible. Just, incredible. I can't even.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I re-rode EGF today. No airtime my ass. It had ridiculous ejector on every single hill (both front and back), a crazy first drop and the first hill has ejector sustained for such a long period of time. It's perfect. I feel sorry for the poor souls who caught it on an off day <//3

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Haha, fair enough :wink: Though there are many other coasters that are higher on my priority list than Skyrush at this point.

S

SimonSays99

Can't I vote for both as both a so great?

At Skyrush I had my only real OMFG moment on my recent US trip. Failed to look up RCDB before going to the park at first seeing it my thought was B&M and went on it quite relaxed but than it aggressively wanted to get me out of my seat at every twist and turn - my first ride was last row outer left. While still catching my breath I saw on the coaster wheel in front of me "Intamin" and I could not get a stupid smile off my face for at least 5 re-rides - until that time my thighs were sore... :--D

Expedition GeForce is all about the first drop, the best drop on any coaster so far.