What's new

SkyJump at the Stratopshere

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
ECG said:
Anyone who has done real bungee jumps knows that one from that height would be too painful (the ones I've done have killed my ankles), so controlled jumps are the only way to go when you're talking about those kind of heights.

I think it's less to do with the height and a lot more to do with the fact that it's from a tower; a controlled jump eliminates the risk of swinging back and hitting the structure.

DDF14

Mega Poster
Out of my 31 Bungee jumps only 1 was painful and that was 180ft rather than 700ft. Lower jumps are renowned for being slightly more strong in the re-coil it also has a lot to do with how you jump.. The guys in South Africa said that the most common way to have a painful experience is to jump feet first which they noted as being most common when Indian people jump. I was working with an Indian TV crew for the IPL and only 1 of them jumped forward out of 40 the rest all went feet first despite the insructors warning them.. The snap at the end feet first is very brutal I admit I did have to try it out on that smaller 180ft jump .. never again...

I think too many people think a bungee is going to be painful .. it iis a total myth and a lie to say that they are painful.

31 jumps and I would say that of my 17 skydives more of them have been painful when the chute opened than the bungee jump..

Dont be put off guys , try everything in life at least once ... Except morris dancing and poedophilia

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't jump feet first, head first is clearly the way to do it. The shorter of the two jumps I've made was more painful, for sure, but I won't let that put me off from giving it another go from a greater height & I definitely wasn't trying to put anyone off trying bungee jumping, it's definitely worth trying.

DDF14

Mega Poster
^ Nah dude I was not having a go at your post.. Sorry if it came across that way.. I just wanted to clear up a few things that people have asked me about my jump..