What's new

Skins Season 3

tks

Strata Poster
I watch it for Freddie. Yummmm.

He wasn't that bad at actin this week. WAY better than depth-of-a-puddle michelle from seasons 1&2!

Emmett

Giga Poster
I didn't know what to make of the lastest epsiode it was all over the place. I know they had to show what his background was like but the whole relationship with his dad and sister was strange.

The whole Sexx Bomb show thing was funny and I liked Freddies dad. Also when Cook kissed him right at the end what was that about :?: .

the_missus

Mega Poster
I know it was very weird! 'Tell your sister she's sexy' WTF?!?!

Very screwed up!! That might explain why he has the personality of a dead fish?!?!

the_missus

Mega Poster
There was lesbo action!!! I don't give a **** about being shallow....Lesbo action makes it damn ****ing good in my opinion!

Waheeeeeeeeeeey!!!! :--D :--D :--D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Aside from Naomi, the only good thing about this season so far has been JJ's magic tricks. I'm looking forward to his episode this evening, especially as he's the only one with a bit of intrigue, character and depth. But it'll end up being **** like the rest of this series.

tks

Strata Poster
By FAR the best episode of the season and one of best ever of Skins for me. If only for the music. Debussy <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, I agree, Edmundo, it was the best episode so far...but it was still god-awful.

This series is just full of self-pity. It's quite depressing really.

And what the **** was all that plinky-plonky Laurel & Hardy-style music all about during the drug bust? It was really unsuited to the moment.

The trailer for next week looks very much "last episode" and after this terrible series, it probably will be...

Martyn

Giga Poster
I had the pleasure of watching about 20 minutes of Skins last night (a hotel room in London on your own with no free WiFi can get pretty boring) and it was a big load of rubbish.

It's so dull.

I thought the first series was awful too.

the_missus

Mega Poster
I think I might be the only one here who likes it!! Its not as good as the first 2 series but tis enjoyable. Naomi's and JJ's eps have been the best so far...although Pandora's wasn't bad.

Hmmn either you lot are too old for your age or I'm too immature....think it might be me!! :p

tks

Strata Poster
Ian said:
The trailer for next week looks very much "last episode" and after this terrible series, it probably will be...

Three more i'm afraid

Effy
Katie & Emily
Finale

Roll on Lesbian week!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, lesbians are so much better than gays.

the_missus

Mega Poster
Loved the last episode...if only life was that good and we all ended up with the people we wanted...Sometimes wish I was at college again, didn't realise how good I had it at the time....

Will

Strata Poster
Necro-posting FTW...
Anyway... is it just me, or is this series a WHOLE lot less **** than the last?
After a VERY unpromising start to the season, which led me to ignore it until I got bored enough to venture onto 4oD, things are actually happening :) There's reasonable acting, and character development and everything; they've even managed to make Cook bareable, Freddie rather less one-dimensional, and from what I gathered tonight, FINALLY put Effy back in character! For those that remember, I quite seriously fanboyed the second series, and was beyond disappointment with the load of rubbish they threw at us in 2009, thus the improval I've witnessed over the last 4 episodes (2nd and 5th particularly) has made me quite happy.
Tonight, just like old times had me glued to the screen, even without the aid of alcohol, which traditionally accompanied Skins viewings back in the blurry days of 2008, and, for the first time SINCE 2008, I'm actually interested to see the next episode. This is not least because JJ, whose centric-episode was the only half-decent one last time around... and it doesn't take a genius to work out why I find him the most interesting of the current lot; though on a more... shallow level, I'm liking Emily more by the week...

tks

Strata Poster
Everything still revolves around Effy. What a suprise.

So far this season i've liked.. Cooks episode. That's about it. Quite shocking since I hated his character last season. The Katie one was quite funny in places "I'm Katie ****ing Fitch, who the **** are you?". If only Ronnie Aconna could act.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I watched the first episode of this series and have not watched it since.

It died last year imo.

I'm either too old for it now or find the faux hedonistic and poncy style of the show unbelievable and fluffy. Probably both.

Will

Strata Poster
^
The first episode was also quite poor this time around, but I've come to the conclusion that it's come a long way since then. Unbelievable? Yes. Fluffy? Not so often...
In fact, it's these concerns, along with a complete lack of emotional attachment to the characters, as opposed to the first generation that makes me hope they don't 'all live happily every after' this time around.... JJ's storyline in particular will take a more starkly realistic turn if he's denied a sunset ending...
Indeed, thinking about it, there's a LOT of loose ends to tie up in just 3 short hours. Hmm...