What's new

Six Flags St. Louis | "Boomerang" | Boomerang

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Re: Six Flags St. Louis New Coaster 2013

Well it was now official as of this morning. They used footage of Flashback of SFNE.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ They did use footage of Flashback, because the coaster is Flashback from SFNE.
Did six flags say the where the coasters location was going to be?

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

ry1996 said:
^ They did use footage of Flashback, because the coaster is Flashback from SFNE.
Did six flags say the where the coasters location was going to be?

According to Six Flags St. Louis it is going to be in the Illinois section. I don't live anywhere near SFSL, I have never been there either. Looking at bing maps though it could go squeeze next to batman and that walkway may be moved. Six flags has not stated anything about removal of Flashback from SFNE only from SFOT. I guess we are assuming its Flashback from SFOT.

bmac

Giga Poster

you're talking about a company that still uses footage of superman ride of steel in NE for SFA advertisements, even though the footage is from 1999. They probably had stock clips left over and decided to hack something together.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St3_W9bCKXY[/youtube]

Wow this video has multiple coasters in it Flashback & Mr. Freeze

bmac

Giga Poster

I actually like the logo, way cleaner than full throttle and texas skyscreamer

Ben

CF Legend

It really should be the one from SFNE <//3

Then they'll only have one Boomerang!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

gopats1479 said:
There really is no reason to go to St. Louis except to get creds and ride Mr. Freeze and American Thunder. Everything else is a clone, too painful, or too boring.

The line - up is even poorer if you consider that Mr. Freeze is hardly unique and American Thunder is a clone of PowerLand's Thunderbird.

Enough negativity! The boomerang will probably be defunct in a decade or so; other positive implications include:

-A credit for those who haven't ridden Flashback
-Slightly reinforces the coaster line - up.
-An Omen of something big? TG opened at SFOT the year after...and its time for an undebatable signature attraction.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ from what I hear, it's not a debate that Evil Knievel/American Thunder is their best attraction.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^I think there would be quite a few people to fight Mr. Freeze's corner as well actually.

Personally, I'm not sure since I only rode Mr. Freeze a couple of times (might have only been once thinking about it) first thing in the morning, and even though I could tell I would have really liked it, I was feeling like absolute crap at the time and didn't fully appreciate it I guess. I wish I would've gone back to it at the end of the day when I was feeling almost human again to form a proper opinion.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I wonder if Six Flags will buy new trains for Boomerang to replace the incredibly old Arrow trains.

bmac

Giga Poster

gopats1479 said:
I wonder if Six Flags will buy new trains for Boomerang to replace the incredibly old Arrow trains.

See: Apocalypse + Goliath

benderboy

Roller Poster
I have been going to SFSTL since 1973 and as much as I still like our park it is getting stale. I was absolutely insanely mad to hear we were getting a 27 year old coaster, and while yes it will raise our count up, it is a Vekoma coaster, we already have the Ninja which has probably the lowest ridership of any ride in the park, The Boomerang will be new to those of us that haven't been to SFOT, and it will be "new" to those not in the "Coaster enthusiast" groups. I agree that while it is another addition to our line up, it will suffer the same fate that the Ninja has, and become another "dead" coaster only worthwhile to ride for the credit..

SFSTL will have major competition with the installation of "Outlaw Run" in SDC, especially once the word gets out if it hasn't already about how incredible the coaster is. Six Flags really needs to wise up and put some money into SFSTL in the form of a major coaster, weather it be a Rocky Mountain coaster creation
(would be great since we are already becoming a woodie park) or a 200+ steel giant.

I have been a season pass holder at SFSTL for about 10 years now, and this year I even got a pass to SDC because of the new coaster, and the park itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boomerang update:
According to Six Flags Facebook page, after pestering them about 10 times to answer the question, the are NOT updating the trains to newer Vekoma trains, nor are they replacing the OTSR, they will be repainting the original trains that have been used for the past 27 years. they have posted pictures up of the construction of Boomerang, and I will even say that it looks good painted and seeing another coaster right next to the Eagle.

Attachments

• boome3.jpg
    boome3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 132
  • boom4.gif
    boom4.gif
    78.1 KB · Views: 132

Snoo

The Legend
Saw it driving back from SDC.. doesnt really blend well.. but it does add color to the black/brown/blue of the color scheme of the park.

benderboy

Roller Poster
have to defend the coasters in the park, The Screamin Eagle is MY choice for best coaster in the park, guess because I have ridden it since its opening weekend, and its still as exciting to me as the first day I rode it, even though its been neutered to death...

The Boss was rough for many years, but finally has become an awesome coaster, do to the constant work being done on it, and its a coaster that I can now ride ride repeat times where I couldn't do it a few years ago.

American thunder is a great coaster, but its ride is too short, right when its getting really good it ends, I know its because of space and funds, but still....

Ninja was never a good coaster to me, and was another used coaster moved to our park, I ride it rarely but still do just because I know it will most always be a walk on coaster, just like Boomerang will eventually become.

Batman is Batman I have ridden several versions and they have all become boring to me over the years I still ride it because its a coaster, but its still Batman...
Pandemonium is a family style coaster, get the credit and then it just becomes a good to ride to ride with friends that haven't ridden before, but that's about it.

Mr Freeze, I like it better blasting backwards then the traditional direction and it was apparent that others did too by the longer lines it had all season, and I enjoy it a lot more.

benderboy

Roller Poster
Snoo said:
Saw it driving back from SDC.. doesnt really blend well.. but it does add color to the black/brown/blue of the color scheme of the park.

^^agreed^^

I thought they would run it parallel with the Eagle, so was a little shocked when I saw the direction they decided to go.. for all we know they could have done it that way to make room for something else..maybe something big in 2014...

is this wishful thinking? or am I just giving Six Flags a little bit too much credit..hmmm

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Update: Boomerang was not yet open, but was fully constructed and in testing today. When I asked a Superman ride op, he said that he had no clue when it would open, but it didn't sound like it was going to be soon.