What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
this park is gonna be finished before xcelerator chooses reopened šŸ’€

edit: well this aged worse than milk as it litterally opened the day after i posted this

Last edited:

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I actually cannot believe it is being built. I know i am so cynical on this project, but i honestly really cannot comprehend how this is going to work. Falcon's Flight is such an over extension for a new park.

cookie

Giga Poster
Last edited:

Boodangy

Mega Poster
^^ Reminds me of when they teased the trains for Taiga, but I mean. Intamin eagle train basically with this one too, so no surprise

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Announcement will be 3:45 EST on Tuesday the 14th at Intamin's booth.

In recent tidbits some schematics of the waterpark made their way onto ThemeParx, given my tendency to nerd out over this kind of ****e there was one detail I happened to catch;
qiddiya-water-theme-park-42139500.png
qiddiya-water-theme-park-77603900.jpg
LIM WATER COASTER
Screen Shot 2023-11-06 at 12.36.34 AM.png
LIM-propulsion water coasters are a thing and mostly supplied by Proslide, although that trend has since fizzled out after the company began pivoting more towards blasters. WhiteWater West (the supplier to Qiddiya) however did experiment once with the technology, building an AdrenaLIM water coaster for Guatemala in 2013 before calling it quits and just sticking with master blasters. It's intriguing that they've brought that technology back into play... and on a circular raft water coaster no less!

InvertsAreMyJam

Mega Poster
Does anybody else find it kind of weird that Six Flags is building the worldā€™s biggest roller coaster in the Middle East of all places? I donā€™t know, but that just doesnā€™t seem like a very big market.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Does anybody else find it kind of weird that Six Flags is building the worldā€™s biggest roller coaster in the Middle East of all places? I donā€™t know, but that just doesnā€™t seem like a very big market.
Six Flags aren't building this park. Essentially the Saudi Investment Fund are building this park.
The Six Flags name is just licensed to the park but they aren't building it and won't actually be running it.

MaxxForceFan

Roller Poster
No, it is being funded by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), Saudi Arabiaā€™s sovereign wealth fund, The park is about 25 miles from downtown Riyadh.

The Public Investment Fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia said, ā€œThe entertainment sector has an important role to play in the transformation of Saudi Arabiaā€™s economy. The Six Flags-branded theme park in Riyadh and other similar developments will create new employment opportunities and harness the talent, energy and imagination of Saudi youth. Our investment in this sector is in line with our mission and delivers on a key element of Vision 2030.ā€

https://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/04-04-2018-220015471