What's new

Six Flags New England |"Goliath"| Vekoma Giant Inverted Boom

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Re: SFMM losing coaster, SFNE gaining said coaster

gavin said:
^Considering it's your home park (you poor bastard), you should be pretty excited.

Apart from Bizarro (obviously), Deja Vu is loads better than any other coaster you already have there.

Emphasis mine, because it really is apparent how dire SFNE is after going to leagues better parks. Although I think Batman is a pretty decent floorless coaster, gotta give credit where credit is due.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Well I don't mind SFMM losing Deja Vu for two main reasons:

1. They shouldn't think that they have the coaster title when they have 3, count 'em, 3 kiddie coasters, and as we've already said, they gave up on being a family park years ago. Although I will give them points that they've got many quality coasters.
2. When I went to SFMM a few years back the only coaster I didn't get to ride was Deja Vu because of their stupid height limit. I was 6'5" and the limit was 6'3" (or 6'4") and they didn't let me on, but when Silverwood Theme Park got one of Six Flag's Deja Vu's transferred to them I was allowed to ride because the height limit was 6'7" there.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

gavin said:
Apart from Bizarro (obviously), Deja Vu is loads better than any other coaster you already have there.
SFNE Coasters I would rather ride than a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang:

1. Batman - floorless
2. Cyclone - woodie
3. Pandemonium - spinner

I'm not much of a Boomerang person

Naemuti

Mega Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
2. Cyclone - woodie

I've given Cyclone almost a decade to see if it grows on me and I've finally decided I'd rather shove a splintering piece of wood from it in my arsehole than ride it again.

Xpress

Strata Poster

I personally won't miss Deja either way. I've had my share of rides on it, and the last few times have given me head-aches. So whatever they replace it with, it's going to be a nice change of pace, be it a flat, a tower drop, whatever.

gavin said:
Families have got Disney and Universal just down the road; you don't get many better family parks than that, so why bother competing?

Don't forget Knotts Berry Farm...

Naemuti

Mega Poster

Titan said:
bizarrofan10 said:

Does such a thing even exist?

Gonna be honest here, the new trains Vekoma is using actually make rides like Carolina Cobra downright pleasant.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Pieman said:
I've given Cyclone almost a decade to see if it grows on me and I've finally decided I'd rather shove a splintering piece of wood from it in my arsehole than ride it again.
Hold on and it isn't too bumpy, actually kinda fun with some decent airtime :)

Josh73

Giga Poster

1. Batman - floorless
2. Cyclone - woodie
3. Pandemonium - spinner

Thank you!

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

I think that pandemonium/tony hawk's big spin from SFDK will be the replacement for deja vu because there's a rumor on screamscape that it'll be removed.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

bizarrofan10 said:

1. Batman - floorless
2. Cyclone - woodie
3. Pandemonium - spinner

Have you ridden a giant inverted one though? If you have, then fair enough, you're obviously entitled to your own opinion. If you haven't though, you should wait and see; the GIBs are really nothing like a regular Boomering. They're soooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Personally, like I said before, I'd put them above anything at SFNE other than Bizarro.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ I've ridden two regular Boomerangs (Flashback at SFNE and Zoomerang at Lake Compounce). In addition, I rode Invertigo at King's Island. It's not the EXACT same thing as a giant inverted boomerang but it is an inverted boomerang (just face to face), so basically it kinda is. After riding it, I hated it just as much as the two traditional boomerangs I rode.

But I'll ride the GIB at SFNE in 2012, so let's wait and see how I like it. I just can't imagine it being any different then Invertigo as they are both inverted boomerangs (just one faces forward and the other is face-to-face).

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

Deja Vu is awesome! A little bumpy yes, but those vertical back spikes really make this ride something you just can't experience on a regular boomerang or an Invertigo. It's almost like riding up and drop a drop tower face first. I love it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^It's very, very different. Like Newtrek just said, being pulled vertically up that 200ft spike, with your entire body weight pushing down on the restraint, is like nothing else.

Invertigo is no better or worse than a regular boomerang, I agree. The GIBs are in an entirely different league though.

Naemuti

Mega Poster

I'm personally pretty excited about it, it's a shame it's 2012 and I'm going to have to wait a few more months.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

gavin said:
Invertigo is no better or worse than a regular boomerang, I agree. The GIBs are in an entirely different league though.
Cool, I hope I will enjoy it!

The ironic thing is that I hope to take a trip to California in the summer of 2012 where I would ride Deja Vu there, but now I guess I will be riding it at my home park.

Back to the topic, however. SFNE should have kept Shipwreck Falls and replaced Flashback with the GIB. Keep the water ride and upgrade your boomerang, cuz you don't need two :)

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

^ Yeah I don't get that. Why not save your family water ride, and replace the boomerang with the newer version. I really don't get what parks are doing right now. A lot of weird decisions out there.

Xpress

Strata Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
^ I've ridden two regular Boomerangs (Flashback at SFNE and Zoomerang at Lake Compounce). In addition, I rode Invertigo at King's Island. It's not the EXACT same thing as a giant inverted boomerang but it is an inverted boomerang (just face to face), so basically it kinda is. After riding it, I hated it just as much as the two traditional boomerangs I rode.

But I'll ride the GIB at SFNE in 2012, so let's wait and see how I like it. I just can't imagine it being any different then Invertigo as they are both inverted boomerangs (just one faces forward and the other is face-to-face).

A GIB is nowhere NEAR a boomerang. Not having ridden an inverted boomerjigger, but assuming it's a similar experience to a regular boomergang. But yeah, a GIB is nowhere near either of them.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I'd say that yes the main difference between an Invertigo- style inverted boomerang and the GIBs is the spikes, but other than that they are relatively similar in feel (even with the X-shape as opposed to just a U-shape. And a regular boomerang is like a kiddie-ride compared the either inverted model.