What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron Horse

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron H

I agree this seems to be inferior to WC but of course only riding for myself will tell. I do find the layout for this one not quite as solid, though as it's been said this will surely end up a top 10 coaster and I'd say rightfully so.

All the reports I've heard so far have been the ride is amazing, but indeed we'll need to see what those who've ridden WC, Outlaw Run, and Medusa say.

Also I just saw someone raging that today, the day after media day, it's already down to a 1 train operation :lol:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^ Of course. Typical Six Flags Magic Mountain.

On the brighter side, In The Loop made a great video showcasing the Scream Punk District and Twisted Colossus.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrxkNANoJ4[/youtube]

Six Flags really outdid themselves with the theming. Sure, it's still Six Flags, but it's a lot better than their average theming.

John Knotts

Mega Poster

Two trains were having all sorts of wheel problems today, and were squeaking loudly around the track. Not unusual for a brand new steel coaster. So they had to pull the trains a trade out the wheels. It wasn't the parks's fault...yet.

The ride is simply astounding and not only lives up to the hype, it smashes it to the ground. Amazing.

It may very well play second fiddle to Wicked Cyclone, but it's right up there with my current three faves: Maverick, Skyrush and Iron Rattler.

Xpress

Strata Poster

I'll wait to ride it until september when I can actually go. Hopefully the bugs will be Ironed out....

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ HAH! PUN!

As far as Twisted Colossus vs. Wicked Cyclone, I'm not as interested in that comparison, as I am in wondering if all 6 steel RMCs would have a shot at sweeping Top 10 polls. (Such as Mitch Hawker, if we're able to do one next year)

John Knotts

Mega Poster

^ Same here

I'm imagining a top 10 steel that looks like this:

1) Wicked Cyclone
2) Medusa
3) Fury 325
4) Expedition G-Force
5) Piraten
6) Twisted Colossus
7) New Texas Giant
8) Maverick
9) Bizarro
10)Iron Rattler

11) Skyrush/Banshee/Goliath/Thunderbird

Not sure why people are saying this looks inferior to WC! I think it looks fantastic, and on par with WC at the least.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Not sure why people are saying this looks inferior to WC! I think it looks fantastic, and on par with WC at the least.

The only thing I prefer about the look of WC is that it has one, long, continuous layout. Whereas, this has a break in the middle with the second lift hill, which is obviously good because it makes the ride longer, but I like it when coasters have consistent pacing all the way to the end. I can't speak for others, but that is why I slightly prefer the look of WC.

Both look absolutely fantastic though and definite Top 10 contenders for me.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:

Can't vouch for others but for me it's the pace/layout. WC is continuous and has, in my book, a perfect design. No element seems "weird" or "wasted" and it flows well. While TC is kind of broken up, but that's just me being an enthusiast and needing to find ways to "rank" stuff, I fully expect this to be a top 10 coaster. I'm also a big fan of pace and flow, which is why I still have MForce at top. Guess I'll just have to ride both and decide that way :--D

Xpress

Strata Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:

This.

TC automatically wins for me because Green. And TC are my initials.........

John Knotts

Mega Poster

I cannot say enough good things about Twisted Colossus.

Highest compliment:

Think 2 megalite rides in one. That's Twisted Colossus!

Xpress

Strata Poster

I finally had the opportunity to ride it just last week. Holy **** :shock:

What a **** animal!! There was SO much airtime all over the place, every single hill had just gobs of it, and the inversions were something incredibly unique to a wooden-based roller coaster. All of the twists and turns, just awesome. And the fact that they gave you lap bars lets you really feel every single aspect of this ride. The dispatching didn't allow for us to duel with another train, but they were running 3 trains the day of my visit, with the 4th train nowhere to be found..

They weren't letting passengers into the front of the purple train for whatever reason, and they had to let a couple of guests go in front of us, which actually worked to our benefit because one of the senior ride ops gave us an exit pass for full throttle- skipped a whole hour of Bench: The Ride.