What's new

Six Flags Great America | Goliath | RMC Woodie

They're not **** saying it **** HAS to look nice, they're merely **** saying that it looks **** horrendous.

Because it does.

OH NOES DON'T SAY IT LOOKS BAD BECAUSE THEY MADE IT FROM WOOD AND THEREFORE IT'S IMMUNE FROM CRITICISM!?!?!

EVERY **** RMC it's the SAME **** THING.

"It looks ****"

"It looks like it will fall over"

"Vile <////////////3333333"

"So ugly"

I understand people will think it looks ****, but why THE **** DOES IT MATTER when more than likely it will be a top 5 wooden in the world. Helix colors are baby **** green, yet everyone creamed over how it looks, explain to me how this is **** different.

Because they're mad that they don't have a coaster like this in Europe yet, so they automatically hate it :p

I'm just gonna jump in and say I actually rather like the look of it. Have a go at me, I don't care, I love the orange of the track in it just works well with the wood of the structure.

Bite me.

Actually, I just wish they'd use some other colors besides that orange for the track. Like a blue or green would look cool IMO.

tomahawk said:
EVERY **** RMC it's the SAME **** THING.

So there's a clear trend, and yet you're still **** whinging about it? Why not just accept people dislike the way they look, they're not slapping your mother ffs why get so worked up about it?

I understand people will think it looks ****, but why THE **** DOES IT MATTER when more than likely it will be a top 5 wooden in the world. Helix colors are baby **** green, yet everyone creamed over how it looks, explain to me how this is **** different.

It's a few **** comments on a **** internet forum that a grown **** man has got upset over. Clearly it does matter given the way you've blown up over it. People are posting THEIR OPINIONS on the LOOKS of the ride, not the quality. They've not said WELL IT MAY BE GREAT, BUT IT DOESNT MATTER AS IT LOOKS ****, they've commented as is their want about how it looks.

Lol at even bringing Helix into it in comparison to this, when one is a ground-hugging terrain coaster and another is a behemoth of wood and steel that from recent updates looks like it needs a Guy Fawkes on the top to truly finish the look off.

^Was that reeeeeally a necessary comment?

^^^and nahhh I think the orange just works with the wood, makes it look, well I dunno. I like orange anyway so maybe I'm just bias :lol:

Jordanovichy said:
^Was that reeeeeally a necessary comment?

^^^and nahhh I think the orange just works with the wood, makes it look, well I dunno. I like orange anyway so maybe I'm just bias :lol:

I guess someone isn't familiar with the brilliance that is George Carlin.

The posts quoted above mine had 11 words censored in them. Seemed a tad excessive so figured I would join the club. :)

Arch is up:
file.php

I may go to the park this weekend. If I do I'll get some pictures of how **** **** it looks. :lol:

tomahawk said:
Hpw the **** do you expect them to make a dive loop on a **** Woodie? With rainbows and lollipops?
You **** idiot.

Actually; no. What I didn't expect was the abundance of supports ABOVE the track when it's entering the dive loop, that's what's not appealing. They chose a different support structure for the lift hill, so why not for the dive loop too?

So, yeah, **** off.

tomahawk said:
Hpw the **** do you expect them to make a dive loop on a **** Woodie? With rainbows and lollipops?

Well, stepping in as an engineer-in-training, I'd say it would be doable with a few big gluam elements and trusses to make a more aesthetically appealing structure. If we can make stadium roofs of that, we could probably build rollercoasters too. Would be a lot more expensive in comparison, though, so no wonder why they go for the "ugly" solution.

Jordanovichy said:
I agree it works with the wood, but every one of their coasters has had the orange so far. I just want to see it changed up maybe.

The actual issue I see so far is whether or not they'll be ready to open.
At the end of the day when they have real pressure to move and be prepared I guess we could all be surprised by how quick they will get things done, but still considering they have less than 3 weeks to finish all the track work, install the lift chain and motor, put trains on the track and test them etc.
Not to mention all the commissioning they have to do on the ride, that takes ages.

^thats what I was thinking.
They need track work done and trains on the track like yesterday.

See, I think they can finish barring any bad weather. What, they have the lift and inverted airhill left? They can possibly finish as early as next Wednesday (pulled a date out of my ass) and then be testing the next week. If that were the case, they'd have ten days of testing before it would open to the public. Very possible. Still think it will be delayed a week, but wouldn't be shocked if it opens on time.

Also Lofty, pretty sure if the wood didn't have to be there, it wouldn't. So have a nice **** day.

Thanks Poke for giving a real answer. With the what, $10 million budget, don't think they had room for that in the budget.

I would have preferred the track to be brown, but the ride still looks really good IMO.

Jordanovichy said:
It's due to open in 3 weeks? Pah, no **** ing way :p

The ride is almost done, and the trains is on site, have a little faith.