What's new

Six Flags Great America 2014

If it is a dive loop, then it's not RMC as they said they wouldn't put any high-G maneuvers into their rides.

Looks like a pretty lame layout other than the dive loop; looks like it's set up with the element as the focal point of the ride and is trying to do nothing else.

jolash said:
Looks like a pretty lame layout other than the dive loop; looks like it's set up with the element as the focal point of the ride and is trying to do nothing else.

I wouldn't call what appears to be good airtime nothing else.

Youngster Joey said:
jolash said:

I wouldn't call what appears to be good airtime nothing else.

Okay okay. From a top-down layout view it looks boring. But I guess I didn't really look at a elevation chart.

^ Another Intamin prefab would really be cool yes!
But I really just meant that it looks like a Intamin steelie :)

Am I missing something, is it confirmed to be a woodie?

njn63 said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ Another Intamin prefab would really be cool yes!
But I really just meant that it looks like a Intamin steelie :)

Am I missing something, is it confirmed to be a woodie?
It was confirmed by the Mayor of Gurnee as "worlds fastest wooden coaster." Weird source but it seems to be legit.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2013 ... 708219839/

Oh, okay thanks.

Hope for Intamin, probably RMC.

Hank did say it would have polyurethane wheels, though, and Schilke's said he'd be reluctant to put them on a wooden coaster.

It could be RMC, don't get me wrong, but that combined with the possibility of the dive loop makes it a bit unlikely in my opinion.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't discount GCI from the discussion. They've done polyurethane wheels on woodies in the past (see Wodan) and have made what looks like a damn good ride with them. It's all up in the air at this point.

Umm.....that looks more like a 4D layout than a wooden coaster layout. It matches up more with how X2 and Dinoconda are.

Could the wooden bit been a false leak?

Yea...Magic Mountain already did something similar with the installation of Green Lantern when they already had X2.

I know it is most likely false, but it was more or less just a random odd thought that popped into my head when I saw the layout. It doesn't read wooden at all and just seems to fit in better with the examples I gave.