What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas |

Intricks said:
Why did that picture evoke this from my mind?

Hi there! Six Flags Fiesta Texas here! Remember that wooden coaster that had a horrendously boring triple helix of no reason? Well, instead of that, have this amazingly awesome 90° banked inclines for NO **** REASON!
:lol: So true.

I couldn't actually agree more. I can't help but think that they could have actually utilised that top section more instead of just a; dodgy-bank here, another one there, etc. It could have featured more forceful turns, bunny hops & a weaving layout, sort of like The Voyage, but obviously not as vast due to the "small" working area of the top of that cliff.

andrus

Giga Poster
I still think this looks more interesting than Outlaw Run! I really like the terrain interaction! And I don't see why people think the ironhorse track looks bad? If anything I think it looks better than regular wooden track :) I just hope they make something interesting out of the last bit of the coaster as well, in the preview video they didn't show anything of the end..

Martyn B

CF Legend
From TPR:

thumb_capture_38.jpg

:shock: Back seat down that is going to be INSANE!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
54701148009586869420579.jpg

via RMC facebook page.

Well if that isn't going to be an epic drop, I don't know what would be.

RMC <3

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Yay for actually being able to get there this year!

Lofty

CF Legend
I absolutely also love the fact that certain large sections of the rock wall are "breaking" through the support structure. It looks incredible

Intricks

Strata Poster
Whelp, ACE has a LOT of new info on this here project. The 4 over bank turns start with 109.4, followed by a 96.4, then the Zero-G, followed by a 97.5 and then the 93, which they are calling a reverse overbank (think Outlaw run, but not as steep!)

This will be an 81 degree drop from 180ft, and the cool thing about this is that you will be twisting while dropping! The trains are completely open and this will feature a slight stadium style seat configuration. Lift hill speed is at 12ft per second (someone want to calculate that for us non math gifted)

Lastly, ACE was given the first released POV! Which they have not embedded anywhere, so you have to watch this incredibly insightful, 22min long video!

ps, it starts at 19:50 and I know some of the info is known, but I repeated it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoalsWjWTxA&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I find it interesting that the video still cuts off the last portion of the ride. Still, there is going to be some amazing ejector on this, and it just looks so amazing. The twisting drop. <3

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Thats cause it jumps up into the break run lol.