What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas|"Iron Rattler"|Steel Hybrid

This looks a lot better than Outlaw Run. This actually looks really, really good. They could maybe cut out a couple of the banked turns - no needs for so many, especially when they're kinda pointless. But apart from that, it looks pretty awsome if you ask me.

tks

Strata Poster

Looks much better than the other steel-tracked wooden supported ride.

sparky2u

Mega Poster

This coaster looks so awesome :--D :--D , I hope the "barrel roll" is for real.

Now there are 2 x reasons to visit Texas next season.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

SDC, SFoT, SFFT, Schlitterbahn (possible), SWSA, Kemah, Galveston. aka Sex.

Intricks

Strata Poster

It would be smarter to leave SFFT and SWSA as the last stops. Go down to Galveston from SDC, then head on over. No clue where Schlitterbahn is

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It's San Antonio area.

From SDC to Galveston is one hell of a drive, it's like 12 hours.

Intricks

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
It's San Antonio area.

From SDC to Galveston is one hell of a drive, it's like 12 hours.

And hit SFoT, Kemah, then galveston and up into the last 3.

Worlds of Fun would be fun to do, start there then head south. Gotta think of money and time constraints.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The new layout looks fab - lots of great turns and still uses the canyon wall of SFFT very well.

Astro

Roller Poster
Oh my! Can't wait! I was hearing conflicting results about the fate of Rattler. Some people were saying it was closed for good. Other's were saying a re-track. Glad they went with the former. Six Flags Fiesta Texas is about 2.5 hours from my house (I live in West Houston). So I'll surely make the effort to ride this on opening day. The layout looks insane!

Also, I noticed a Sky Screamer swing ride in the beginning of the video. Geez is Six Flags doing an Oprah style giveaway with those? "Everyone get's Sky Screamers!!!! You get a Sky Screamer! You get a Sky Screamer!"

sparky2u

Mega Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
So what's better: Iron Rattler or New Texas Giant?

Depends what type of coaster your after, airtime, tunnels, led lights & fog then hit the "Giant", if your after a killer drop, drop into a quarry wall & barrel roll then go on the "Rattler".

Both coasters are as good as each other, they offer different thrills & more than cutting edge designs.. :--D :--D

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Would you get more excited if Intamin built a prefab woodie or if RMC converted or built a new hybrid like this?

I have been on 2 prefab woodies (Balder & Colossos) and they have killer airtime and are my top 2 woodies despite the slight roughness on Colossos. However, since the NTG opened I have been desperate to ride it and now with the addition of Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler I amazingly excited about these rides and what RMC has in store for us in the future. I really wish we could have on of these in Europe somewhere.

Plus, I know this has got nothing to do with this topic but check out out my trip report entitled Efteling, Walibi, Heide, Phantasia, Plopsa as now I have finished reviewing all the parks and I would love to know what you think. Thank you!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
This looks amazing. I'm so glad they are injecting new life into these old, tired designs/coasters. Means they still maintain the essence of the original coaster, but pack more of a punch and still bring in guests!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think this actually looks the best one of these coasters we've seen. I've always loved SF Fiesta Texas for the quarry walls and I love how they'll have another coaster taking advantage of it. I think some of those diving drops look awesome.

Can't wait to see this finished too! Thankfully we've got Outlaw Run to watch this season. :D

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
It's fantastic they made good use of the cliffs. The old one just made it look like the cliff was in the way of its layout.