What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Batman: The Ride | S&S 4D

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
Why wont anyone make these with lateral movements?

Simplicity. In the current configuration, the cars only need to be able to pivot around one axis. Putting turns on the thing increases the amount of axes to three, which means many more moving parts.

Notably, the ZacSpins can (theoretically) get away with fixed axles, since all wheels roll the same distance.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Is it just me thinking that this looks vomit-inducing? Queuing for an hour in the Texas sun to then be flipped head over heels for a few seconds sounds like a poor deal.

I admire the development and ingenuity shown though (maybe that's just the Coasterball aspect rose-tinting my view?) and I'm sure it'll go down well.

Ethan

Strata Poster
vaugc002 said:
Is it just me thinking that this looks vomit-inducing? Queuing for an hour in the Texas sun to then be flipped head over heels for a few seconds sounds like a poor deal.

Whilst part of me agrees, you've pretty much described the theme park experience across half of the planet.

therick311

Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Batman: The Ride | S&S 4D

vaugc002 said:
Is it just me thinking that this looks vomit-inducing?

It's not just you. I think the zac spins look the same way.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Hyde said:
^ And let's not forget Hypersonic or Skyhawk. :wink:

Skyhawk isn't a coaster, nor are the slingshots.

Isn't RingRacer post-Stan S&S?

...but I'll grant you H:XLC, it certainly had its share of teething problems.

remixedcat

Roller Poster
I really want to ride this! I also never rode a zacspin one either. Both look amazing!

I wish there was a 4D coaster within the OH,WV,PA,KY area!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
4D/Zacspins are fun novelties, but I can understand why they have not caught on the U.S. Low capacity, short ride experience, and not a hulking behemoth that can serve as a staple roller coaster. Definitely a more "supporting cast" type of ride, but one that is very fun regardless. Green lantern really took me by surprise in how forceful it was.

One can only hope that someone, somewhere builds one for the midwest, especially if S&S is able to succeed with Batman.

Hutch

Strata Poster
So the guess they have the area cleared out and are ready to go vertical soon.

10390225_10153002566133491_7257252948900947783_n.jpg

10155890_10153018437608491_6123597976352923785_n.jpg

From SFFT's Facebook.

davidm

Strata Poster
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SF_FiestaTexas/status/573914204303818752[/tweet]

hmmmm, zacspin on steroids?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think the ride is going to be vile, but structurally that looks fantastic!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I do not keep my love for Zacspins a secret. A very unique ride experience with great pops of airtime.

I will be very interested to how S&S's rendition will compare to Intamin - at this point I could see it being even better or much worse.

I'm actually kind of excited to ride this, only because I've never been on something remotely similar. Should be a cool experience, even if it sucks (kind of in the same way a Screamin Squirrel sucks, but I won't forget my ride on it).

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
That is some messed up looking track.
This obviously won't be a top tier coaster, but I think it's probably a fun lil ride.
I have heard this is far superior to the Intamin Zacspins, and to be honest my only ride on a Zacspin was actually pretty fun, though I hear I really lucked out and had a rare good ride.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Batman: The Ride | S&S 4D

Testing has begun. I will just say this, while the initial post lift hill dips are kinda meh, after the first turnaround drop, I counted the cars flipping at least 5 times with test dummies, with the 2nd turn around drop adding in at least a few more.

I do believe this will be a far better ride experience than the Intamin Zac-Spins.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_yazZosjCE[/youtube]

Can't see much, but it certainly looks fun.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Edited to embed video. - ECG

Intricks

Strata Poster
I honestly wouldnt know how to post it here, as its a vid shared to Texas Thrill Seekers on Facebook. Video is much more zoomed in on that one, and wasnt done by the park :3