What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Kid Flash Cosmic Coaster | Racing P'Sghetti Bowl Coaster | 2023

Lofty

CF Legend
The problem is, the rest doesn't look good.

I wish I liked this, but the rest of the ride itself looks quite poor. The supports look messy, the large concrete pad, the sporadic electrical boxes... the screens do not take away from the poor elements.

If the rest of the ride was aesthetically pleasing, it would be a different story.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The problem is, the rest doesn't look good.

I wish I liked this, but the rest of the ride itself looks quite poor. The supports look messy, the large concrete pad, the sporadic electrical boxes... the screens do not take away from the poor elements.

If the rest of the ride was aesthetically pleasing, it would be a different story.
I agree. It looks like a prototype you'd see on the yard outside the factory, not something that would actually make it into a park.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
But also, it's meant to be a kids ride, so maybe it doesn't need to look all that spectacular.
In the grand scheme of things, what typical kid coaster has any sort of theme or looks *good*, especially at a Six Flags park

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Feel like we're getting far too nitpicky now. The concrete pad is what it is. End of the day, it's a sub-$1m pair of kiddie coasters here, the point was clearly cost efficiency. IMO the worst part is the black-on-red color scheme itself. Think it would look much more normal with a (ex.) blue on white scheme.

And like, do you think E&F Miler did anything right aesthetically? 😂

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, no excuses really? The platform could've been painted, patterned, or rendered in something other than concrete. That would've instantly heightened the aesthetic of the ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Those final light packaging graphics are pretty impressive - would be cool to see a deeper-themed ride get their hands on it for more immersive theming/working out how to have track be more engrained in theming than just “painted black to blend in”.