What's new

Six Flags 2020 Announcements

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
That drop in the back is going to be unbelievable. If Six Flags wants to keep investing in these then I am completely onboard.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Video has been removed already but I'm excited to see the announcement tomorrow now! Plus SFGAdv is my home park. YAY!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok this thread has started to get cluttered.

Now I've calmed down a bit, I can give my thoughts properly. This looks incredible! I'd love to know some actual stats as I reckon this is potentially a hyper, but the coaster is massive, has 12 row trains (12 riders per train), and has 4 maintenance bays so it will likely run 4 trains! So the capacity might not actually be terrible! Also, the station looks quite long so I'm wondering if this will have a moving station like WWGLC, which is definitely a possibility! I thought the trains were restricted to 8 rows long, but clearly not!

My only concern with this is that the mid-course could slow the coaster down, so I am hoping RMC has designed it so it doesn't slow the train down (the other RMCs with mid courses were conversions, not ground up coasters). I really hope it ends up hauling like the other two Raptors, and I hope to see more in the world!

Also, I reckon this will feel like what I expect a T-Rex will feel like.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Ok this thread has started to get cluttered.

Now I've calmed down a bit, I can give my thoughts properly. This looks incredible! I'd love to know some actual stats as I reckon this is potentially a hyper, but the coaster is massive, has 12 row trains (12 riders per train), and has 4 maintenance bays so it will likely run 4 trains! So the capacity might not actually be terrible! Also, the station looks quite long so I'm wondering if this will have a moving station like WWGLC, which is definitely a possibility! I thought the trains were restricted to 8 rows long, but clearly not!

My only concern with this is that the mid-course could slow the coaster down, so I am hoping RMC has designed it so it doesn't slow the train down (the other RMCs with mid courses were conversions, not ground up coasters). I really hope it ends up hauling like the other two Raptors, and I hope to see more in the world!

Also, I reckon this will feel like what I expect a T-Rex will feel like.

It's not a hyper. You can see Nitro and Batman the Ride in the background, and this looks to be around the same height as the latter.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
This looks incredible! I'd love to know some actual stats as I reckon this is potentially a hyper

So It looks amazing but I highly doubt it's a hyper or SF would almost assuredly put that in the advertising promo. With how long that train is I can't imagine how forceful and whippy this is going to be in the back. I will say it's definitely enough to get me back to a park i had no interest in returning too.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's fair to re-open the topic for this coaster now we properly know about it.
Not until the initial talk has died down, otherwise we'll just have people posting the same stuff in multiple threads just for the sake of posting what they have to say about the subject in all the threads about the subject (for instance, it took approximately 2.7 seconds for people to start talking about this in the RMC Raptor discussion thread), or people asking questions in one thread whose answer can be found in the other. Expect the other thread to be opened in a couple days' time.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've noticed lot of people seem to prefer the prototype Raptor layout to JD, due to it seeming more drawn out. However I think that the coaster still has potential to be more intense and definitely better due to the longer train design and the amount of airtime this will deliver.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well I'll be damned...no pun intended. It actually happened.

It sure looks like one hell of a ride, and a badly needed ride at that. For a park that's been built up as much as Great Adventure has through the 90s and 00s, they haven't received a significant coaster since Green Lantern, and their last major brand new, ground up coaster was El Toro. Also, the train is comically long.