What's new

Six Flags 2018 Announcements

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Does anyone know what the point of these is? They just seem like an outdated and unwanted flat from the 90s. Do they ride much differently to Submission's uncomfortable and unnecessary hangtime?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Does anyone know what the point of these is? They just seem like an outdated and unwanted flat from the 90s. Do they ride much differently to Submission's uncomfortable and unnecessary hangtime?
It's a modern take on a classic flat ride. These newer models feel too controlled. I know all models operate following the same cycle but older models just featured lapbars (at least in Spain) and felt way scarier.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ugh, that looks disgusting.

Can't believe I actually rode one of those things a couple years ago. Kinda forgot about it too, so this brings back lovely memories.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
So I had the privilege of riding Hangover today. Overall, it's ok. It's a new thrilling flat that the park needed, so I think it delivers in that sense. I haven't done any other Larson Loop, so I don't know how they ride. But this one seems to be similar in terms of ride cycle. You start by climbing up one side, then going around the other a few loops. Then you stay at the top for a solid 15 seconds. And let me tell you, those 15 seconds are something else. The hangtime then is absolutely insane. Definitely the highlight of the ride. Then it goes around the other way at a much faster speed. Unfortunately, you don't really 'feel' any speed or intensity outside of that hangtime. Oh yeah, the thing broke every other cycle, so that's going to be fun for maintenance.

It's a decent ride overall. It's something the park needed, and has some nice hangtime. Nothing more than that, really.

Peet

Giga Poster
Then you stay at the top for a solid 15 seconds. And let me tell you, those 15 seconds are something else. The hangtime then is absolutely insane.
Hangtime as in literally just sitting there upside down for 15 seconds? That doesn't sound great tbh! Or is there a touch of sarcasm going on there?

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
You're not stopped for 15 seconds, but because of how massive the loop is, you're upside down for quite some time! I understand why some people might not enjoy it, but to me, it's the main highlight of the ride.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
OMFG important BUMP!

Got to ride Harley Quinn Spinsanity at SFNE tonight. My second time coming across the Zamp Giant... and much like the one at Kennywood, it was fantastic. The ride didn't seem to spin as much as the Kenny one but the cycle was long (for a SF flat) and with the temperature being 36°f /2c it was... uh.. chilly.
December 22nd, for sure the latest in the year I've added a 'new for' haha

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, I was actually surprised at how solid it was. The long ride cycle is the impressive part but the whole thing is just huge too. Joker acts as a reference point for the height, and I think Harley Quinn reaches even higher than that.

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah I love the long cycle it has and even though it doesn't spin that much it's still really fun and going past Joker is great.

I do think the new Intamin frisbees like Loke are better though. The open restraints let you get a good amount of air.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I do think the new Intamin frisbees like Loke are better though. The open restraints let you get a good amount of air.
My only Intamin reference was with Maelstrom back in 2006 and I was...underwhelmed. Fun but not impressive. I found the Huss one to be flat out boring.

Pear

Strata Poster
My only Intamin reference was with Maelstrom back in 2006 and I was...underwhelmed. Fun but not impressive. I found the Huss one to be flat out boring.
I've never been on an older Intamin one. The only Huss one I've done is Delirium at KI and it was really boring. The Mondial Delirium at KD is not that good either, but that's more because of its short cycle.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'll be riding Pandemonium at Over Georgia this spring, so after hearing your positive reviews I look forward to it. I used to love frisbees to death (Delirium at Kings Island used to be my favorite flat of all time), but after experiencing Harley Quinn Spinsanity at Six Flags Over Texas in the rain I can safely say that a Tourbillon is my new favorite flatride.