What's new

Signatures

Ollie

CF Legend
I think that they asked for them to be 400x100 to keep the forum neat and not have any huge signatures.
There isn't a set limit. But anything over that size is considered too big.
And yes Ben. They did used to remove huge signatures from peoples profiles if they were too big, but people then got the idea and started making normal sized ones. :p

Slash

Giga Poster
^ But wait a second Ollie yours isn't 400x100, its longer so shush. :p

But Crow I agree with everyone else, it should be standard size.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Mines longer but that's only so it's the same length as my PS3 trophy sig as I can't control the size as it's linked from Playfire. It doesn't add extra scrolling to the page and it doesn't stretch the page width either so it's ok.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
I think that they asked for them to be 400x100 to keep the forum neat and not have any huge signatures.
There isn't a set limit. But anything over that size is considered too big.
And yes Ben. They did used to remove huge signatures from peoples profiles if they were too big, but people then got the idea and started making normal sized ones. :p

What the hell?!

Who are you preaching to, because yours is technically 119 pixels too wide.

I might go on another signature cull again, because while the official limit was 400*75, we were never too Nazi-like about it. You've irritated me though, having a go at someone who's signature is clearly smaller than yours, so if I do have another removal session, I'll be sure to start with yours. If I was you, I'd keep quiet, or make yours smaller.

Also...

Ollie said:
It doesn't add extra scrolling to the page and it doesn't stretch the page width either so it's ok.

How do you know?

Ollie

CF Legend
How has this gone from me making a simple comment on how someone can improve their signatures to everyone having a go at me? All I was trying do was ****ing help.

As a matter of fact mine is not huge. It's only 110 pixels tall which is hardly anything over.
Crow's is double the height that everyone's else's are.

As for the width of mine, I've already explained that in a previous post.
And mine is much smaller than Crow's so I don't know where you got "you're preaching to someone who's sig is smaller than yours" bollocks from.

I'm sorry but If I can make a constructive comment to someone who's asking for help when making signatures without everyone turning against me and having a go at me then I don't see the point.
I didn't even say anything nastily to him. I just simply said that he'd want to look about making them slightly shorter.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
How has this gone from me making a simple comment on how someone can improve their signatures to everyone having a go at me? All I was trying do was ****ing help.

Because you're being a hypocrite. Pointing out the "rules" to someone else, when you don't follow them yourself.

If I was to have a go at Crow for breaking the rules, then I'd have to have a go at you too.

Ollie said:
As a matter of fact mine is not huge. It's only 110 pixels tall which is hardly anything over.

150px actually, plus the two lines of text, if we're going to be particularly anal about it.

Ollie said:

Not including yourself.

Ollie said:

Brilliant. So because you didn't make it, it can be any size you want can it?

Ollie said:
And mine is much smaller than Crow's so I don't know where you got "you're preaching to someone who's sig is smaller than yours" bollocks from.

I was talking about the width (yes, maybe I should have said that - I'm sorry), where yours is a whole 19px wider...

This is why we gave up the signature Nazi-ism, life's too short to actually care. Official rule is 400*75, but if you're a bit over, who cares, just don't take the piss and be considerate.

A signature that's too wide is more annoying than a signature that's too tall.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^Yes but I wasn't posting in here to have a go at anyone. Crow made some and asked for comments on them. I said that it was too tall, as did some other members. Then everyone starts having a go at me.
Now you're saying that I can't tell him not to break rules when I'm breaking them myself. First off. There aren't any rules... http://www.coasterforce.com/rules the only thing it talks about there are the size of avatars. I wasn't 'telling' him to do anything I was merely giving advice (that he wanted) on the sigs he had made.

Ollie said:

150px actually, plus the two lines of text, if we're going to be particularly anal about it.
I made a mistake actually, mine wasn't 110 pixels tall it was only 100. So I don't see 100 and 200 can be the same height.

Ollie said:

Not including yourself.
Actually Crows signature is twice the height as mine as well.

Ollie said:
Brilliant. So because you didn't make it, it can be any size you want can it?

I never said anything like that. I said that the PS3 signature is linked from another site and I can't change the size because it gets updated with my latest trophies ect. The reason why my Saw one is the same width was because I had the neatness of the forum in mind to avoid having the PS3 sig sticking out to the side like a sore thumb.

Martyn said:
Official rule is 400*75, but if you're a bit over, who cares, just don't take the piss and be considerate.
Refer to the link above. There's only rules on the avatar size. And I've not taken the piss out of Crow at all. I was giving him helpful tips, so stop implying that I was doing something that I wasn't.

Martyn said:
A signature that's too wide is more annoying than a signature that's too tall.
Yes but mine isn't 'too' wide. It's only an avatars width longer than others and it doesn't stretch the page or cause people to scroll further and see the same huge image over and over when reading through the forums.

I don't want to continue this argument (if you can call it that) anymore. I don't want to be dragged into a debate when trying to help another member.

Also why are you having a go at me for trying to help people when Kimahri's gone and posted a post that's added nothing to the forum or topic at all?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i think Ollies sig is fine. As long as it doesn't stretch sideways it's more important to not have them too tall. I cropped mine to fit the width of the CF one.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I've just been for a few beers with a girl I fancy the arse off and haven't seen for about five years, so I'm not really in a position to make a serious post right now. Maybe I will tomorrow.

Peace and love.

x x x

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
Ollie said:

I made a mistake actually, mine wasn't 110 pixels tall it was only 100. So I don't see 100 and 200 can be the same height.
No. Your Saw sig is 100, the PS3 one is 50 and that isn't including the lines of text underneath. Your sig is at least 150 pixels tall.

Ollie said:
Ollie said:

Not including yourself.
Actually Crows signature is twice the height as mine as well.
No. See above.