What's new

Should Michigan's Adventure get a new ride/coaster?

Should MA get a new ride?

• Yes, Coaster

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Yes, Ride

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Error

Strata Poster
When I went there, we ran out of things to ride. I figure that Michigan's Adventure is due for a new coaster. The last one built there was back in 1999. Anyone else think that?

Haha, how did I know you were going to make this topic after we had a discussion about it?

Anyway, I don't know about a new coaster, but maybe. The park goesn't have heaps of room, but maybe they could fit in beside Shivering Timbers in that field area (I don't know how big it is, I can't remember, but I think it would be big enough). I'm talking something average sized like Talon or B:tR.

A flat ride would be nice. They're really lacking in that department, with only having flat rides like Swings and Dodgems. A nice Huss Giant Frisbee would be another reason why I would want to go back to Michigans Adventure. Either a Huss Giant Frisbee or some kind of drop tower.

Even if they don't get anything, I'd be glad to venture the 3 hours back to the park just for Shivering Timbers alone. Such a sexy ride.

Snoo

The Legend
Ride... they need to generate more profit and have a higher attendence before they get anything big. MA is in a similar situation as Geauga Lake... they won't get anything until they start doing something.

Ben

CF Legend
Well, it's always good for a park to get something new, but I'd say some big, brilliant flat to boost attendance, then a decent coaster to cement them as good.

Tony

Hyper Poster
While I do like wooden coasters they dont make me really want to go to a park if they just have wooden coasters, while steel coasters do make me want to visit parks more. I think they should get a good b+m flyer/inverted coaster. Attendance wont go up unless they add something big and new. I cant see them getting anything big for a few years.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Well Scream scape says that MA is rumored to have a Huss Inverted Top Spin at 2007, but it looks like more updates to this park will be on the water park.

Ride... they need to generate more profit and have a higher attendence before they get anything big. MA is in a similar situation as Geauga Lake... they won't get anything until they start doing something.

Yah but they seem to be doing the same thing as Geauga Lake. They seem to be concentrating on making their water park better rather than making any ride expansions. They recently just got Funnel of Fear (which seems kind of lame), and they also just got Grand Rapids, which is a decent ride for the summer time, but nothing amazingly thrilling, and it's not something you can ride when it gets chilly (unless you don't have common sense).

While I do like wooden coasters they dont make me really want to go to a park if they just have wooden coasters, while steel coasters do make me want to visit parks more. I think they should get a good b+m flyer/inverted coaster. Attendance wont go up unless they add something big and new. I cant see them getting anything big for a few years.

I thought the same thing about wooden coasters, but after riding Shivering Timbers my thoughts were exactly the opposite. If there's a wooden coaster worthy enough, I'd revolve a whole park trip around it. I'd go back to MA in a heartbeat, just to ride Shivering Timbers again.

And they're not going to get something like a B&M Flyer, I doubt. They need a few good flat rides first, and if they did get a coaster I think it would be something like a really small B&M Invert (well, that's what I hope they get, and it would seem like a logical expansion). It would probably have to be really small and compact like the Batman: The Ride coasters.

Well, it's always good for a park to get something new, but I'd say some big, brilliant flat to boost attendance, then a decent coaster to cement them as good.

They already have a decent coaster. Even though Shivering Timbers looks like a a lame non-creative ride (well, it isn't exactly the most creative thing, I agree), a unique layout isn't something that really makes a roller coaster. It has loads of airtime and if you can't see that then I guess you havn't got good judgement.

Well Scream scape says that MA is rumored to have a Huss Inverted Top Spin at 2007, but it looks like more updates to this park will be on the water park.

That would be great. I'd love to see a Huss ride at the park. Huss makes amazing flat rides (Giant Huss Frisbees <3) and would be the ideal company to build something at the park, IMO. And I don't think they'll be making too many more waterpark expansions, because they don't have a ton of room. Michigan's Adventure is a really tiny park, so they don't have loads of room for new things.

Snoo

The Legend
LFTL said:
Yah but they seem to be doing the same thing as Geauga Lake. They seem to be concentrating on making their water park better rather than making any ride expansions. They recently just got Funnel of Fear (which seems kind of lame), and they also just got Grand Rapids, which is a decent ride for the summer time, but nothing amazingly thrilling, and it's not something you can ride when it gets chilly (unless you don't have common sense).

You seem to miss my point. MA will NOT get anything big (IE coaster) until they get attendence up. Yeah, maybe a big flat, but thats a BIG maybe. And, if they are indeed focusing on their waterpark, it may be even longer before they build something worth alot of money. Hopefully, as ValleyFair! proved, you can boost attendence.. then you will get a chunk of the companies money (Screamin Swing, Renegade).. but until then, the smaller, not really worthwhile parks will NOT be getting anything (MA, GL).

You seem to miss my point. MA will NOT get anything big (IE coaster) until they get attendence up. Yeah, maybe a big flat, but thats a BIG maybe. And, if they are indeed focusing on their waterpark, it may be even longer before they build something worth alot of money. Hopefully, as ValleyFair! proved, you can boost attendence.. then you will get a chunk of the companies money (Screamin Swing, Renegade).. but until then, the smaller, not really worthwhile parks will NOT be getting anything (MA, GL).

I get your point, but to be completely honest I don't see what they could do with their water park at this point. Maybe a slide or two, but they simply don't have any room. They do have room for a few good flat rides and maybe a small little coaster as well, but that's not on the side of the park that the water slides and stuff are at.

Their attendance isn't really that small though. The lines were longer there than they were at Geauga Lake, and you can expect quite a few people considering that's the only amusement park in the state, and there's no other parks within a 4 or so hour drive. Then again it wasn't as busy as Cedar Point, obviously. The lines for some rides got to a maximum of 20 minutes, which wasn't too much but it's not like there wasn't a lot of people walking around. I'd say they get more people than Geauga Lake, but I'm not completely sure. I'm sure with their admission being like, $25, they have enough for a small to average sized flat at the moment.

Snoo

The Legend
Take a look Taylor:

http://www.cedarfair.com/_upload/contac ... 0facts.pdf

MA has the lowest attendence of ANY Cedar Fair park (GL 700,000 vs MA 550,000)... decently lower then Geauga Lake. The lines differences can be easily explained also.

1) Geauga Lake has got a MAJOR overhaul since the CF takeover, leaving MANY people who enjoyed SFWoA extremely pissed (i've talked to quite a few people who live in that area and don't even want to go because the animals are gone)

2) GL has compete with two of the biggest parks amusement parks in the midwest. Given the choice, they'll be going to the bigger and better ones over the tiny, cheaper one.

Fact of the matter is, if you are any intelligent business man, your going to invest in your best properties and then move on down the list. The ones with little or no promise, you upgrade less and less often (look at what SF has done for an example). MA won't get neglected, they WILL get something, but nothing amazing.

Yah, I agree with you Snoo, and I thought after I made the post that maybe since Geauga Lake has 10 coasters compared to 6, that maybe the lines will be shorter because the guests are more spread out.

Let me just sum it up in a nutshell instead of making another long post. I think they have enough to get something good enough to draw in more crowds and boost attendance. I think their next expansion will be a flat, and will be something fairly decent.