What's new

should Alton re-instate the "Don't Look Down" on O

Should Alton Towers Re-instate the "Don't Look Down" on Oblivion?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

i feel that Alton Towers should re-instate the "Don't Look Down" slogan on the top of Oblivion. it just doesn't work. honest. i was down at Alton Towers the 11th and 12th June, and the Oblivion didn't seem the same without the slogan.

i was wondering if people felt the same way.

[Please use full grammar when posting - Mark]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No! Because if they did, they'de be in direct violation of the noise abatement order laid on them and they would have to close down at least Oblivion, and possibly the whole park until the council was happy that another violation would not occur...

**** happens, life's tough, Thunder Looper went, but it never ruined the Towers... Move on...

A

Anonymous

yes, but the Oblivion doesn't have the scariness of it any more without the eerie sound of the slogan.
also, the slogan can't be heard, only by those at the top of the ride. i couldn't hear it anywhere else, so how people could hear the Oblivion 2miles away is beyond me, and probably every other thrill seeker living (well with you above as the exception)

Sam

Giga Poster
It would be nice to have the old slogan back, all adds to the intimidation of the ride. But as Furie said the pathetically pathetic locals think it's too noisy. Can't quite see how myself. And if it came back AT would probably be sued again.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Don't get me wrong Stuey, Oblivion loses a lot not having the slogan... However, I answered the question put to me honestly and as straight forwardly as I could...

robbeal

Hyper Poster
It'd be nice to have it back, but the courts have spoken unfortunately so it's not going to be returning anywhere in the near future. There's no point risking the ride's future just for a sound effect.

A

Anonymous

The Dont Look Down slogun should definatley be re-instated beacuse It creates more tension whilst you are hanging over the edge! :)

A

Anonymous

I'd rather having it open and being able to ride it than it closed.

joe

Mega Poster
It would be great for the slogan it come back. They should put a sign or something there saying DONT LOOK DOWN.

A

Anonymous

I DEFINATELY AGREE! It should be brought back, its one of my favourite ride slogans. It related to the fear of the ride, therefore increasing the fear of the rider. Its more of a subtle effect, as in you dont realise it, but it does work!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
joe said:
It would be great for the slogan it come back. They should put a sign or something there saying DONT LOOK DOWN.

You mean like the big sign on the floor in front of the hole?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Yes it should be put back onto Oblivion, one reason being I have never been on Oblivion when it says 'Dont Look Down' and the other reason because it fits with the ride well. Its a shame they had to take it off, hopefully they will put it back on one day.

Matt

Roller Poster
When I was on oblivion, I didn't even hear it so that shows how much I care about it really, sorry but it sure didn't add to the ride for me.

Angel

Hyper Poster
The only time when I rode it I didnt hear it ... weather thats because I had my eyes firmly shut and was trying to think about other things rather than the fact I was about to be dropped into some tunnel. It probably makes a difference to people who focus on the ride but it didnt for me.

Personally, I owuld like to see, or rather hear it reinstated.
BUT, I would rather ride the ride than see it closed completely.

the pathetically pathetic locals think it's too noisy

I dunno, birds twittering in the garden is too noisy for some people.

A

Anonymous

Yes - it built up the tension of the ride and got the adrenaline pumping! Bring it back!!!

A

Anonymous

When I was on oblivion, I didn't even hear it so that shows how much I care about it really, sorry but it sure didn't add to the ride for me.
And when exactly did you ride it?

I personally would like to see it back on, but it won't happen because of those damn locals.
I don't see how they even hear it, but i wouldn't mind hearing a faint don't look down every now and then, be pretty nice.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
It was, but as we all know special effects on new rides rarely stay for their whole life, for whatever reason. At least its not the steam, i feel that gives a better effect than the sound.

Mark

Strata Poster
I would love to have it re-instated but unfortunately I really do not think it is ever going to happen. If they did put it back on it would probably land AT in a heap load of trouble too.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
The 'don't look down' definately adds to the ride and is sorely missed by me. But it is much better to have the ride without the sound than not have the ride at all.