What's new

Shockwave at Magic Mountain

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Why do people keep saying there was a fatality on this ride? Did anyone work at MM from 1986-1988 OR can confirm this. I uploaded this youtube video by the way.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndUYCv-J8c[/youtube]

Thanks, I'm not sure anyone can help but I thought I would give it a try.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Shockwave was apart of Six Flags' old ride swap program. Six Flags had a number of roller coasters it would build in one park location for a few years, and then have it moved to various other parks to offer more variety for visitors and guests. The program ultimately didn't work as relocation costs were too high and guests found a remiss at losing good rides so quickly.

All amusement parks have their rumors. Visit any amusement park with a drop tower and someone will tell you how a girl's hair got caught during the ride. General visitors love the thrill of roller coasters, and will create tall tales to creep each other out. Roller coasters are actually the safest mode of transport on Earth. You are MUCH more likely to die when driving to the amusement park in your very dangerous car.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
I was 100% sure no such accident occurred, or any on the shockwave for that matter. I began to question when someone commented that they remember it "vividly", but i think it must have been Colossus in 1978.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
VascoXTRC said:
I was 100% sure no such accident occurred, or any on the shockwave for that matter. I began to question when someone commented that they remember it "vividly", but i think it must have been Colossus in 1978.
yes a girl died

Josh73

Giga Poster
I was slightly confused when I saw the topic as my local waterpark is named Magic Mountain. But then I caught on. :lol: