What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Snoo

The Legend
Maybe one more thing regarding the whole "why is this going to MM out of all parks", I never realized this but this is quite a substantial coaster for Six Flags standards and if I'm not mistaken, the first ground-up coaster over 4000 ft of track length in the entire chain since Goliath at La Ronde from 2006 (lol, had to be La Ronde eh?). I suppose Magic Mountain is the only park left in the chain where Six Flags has trust in getting its money's worth when it comes to long rides.

"long" only because it's mobius, not quite conventional.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
As much as I think this project is a joke, I think some of that actually looks pretty fab. Some of it could be very photogenic, too.

My biggest concern is that they'll end up running it like Twisted Colossus, where the duelling elements are basically pointless.
I feel like I've been really lucky with Twisted Colossus, we've only been twice, October 2016 and then 2019 but both times they were really pushing the trains out to get duels and out of 6 rides or so I think we had at least one duel on 4 of them.

Doesn't WCR have two stations so they can just dispatch at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rideguy70

Mega Poster
^Yes, that. So theoretically, they should be racing every single time.

The biggest reason TC doesn't duel is guests take too long to get situated, causing them to miss what is a very tight window of time to race. For WCR, the other train will literally just sit and wait until the other train is ready.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
^Yes, that. So theoretically, they should be racing every single time.

The biggest reason TC doesn't duel is guests take too long to get situated, causing them to miss what is a very tight window of time to race. For WCR, the other train will literally just sit and wait until the other train is ready.
Which is a golden opportunity for SF to throw in some cheesy video promoting crap while the other train is good to go. I can guarantee this will end up running just two trains and the pit stop will be scrapped.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Theoretically, Twisted Colossus' control system could be programmed to slow down the train on the second lift more than it already does and even stop the train such that a duel is guaranteed every single time. Theoretically, WCR should race every single time with the idea that if the "pit stop" is completed and the other train isn't ready, the ride just dwells until the ride ops dispatch. Will that be the case? Maybe...maybe not...they might still have some logic baked in that requires the ride ops to still hit a certain interval.

Peet

Giga Poster
Theoretically, Twisted Colossus' control system could be programmed to slow down the train on the second lift more than it already does and even stop the train such that a duel is guaranteed every single time.
When I was there it was on one train so we would have been waiting a long time! I suppose it's less likely they'll ever run WCR on one train since they are only 12 seaters.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
In terms of track and train I really like it. Good mix of airtime and inversions, almost RMC esque in places. The duelling looked super exciting on the POV so I imagine it will be even better in person when you can look around.

The theming, branding and area I can't muster up the excitement for. I'm so bored of coasters themed to cars. The area looks too sparse and open. And like others have said the bit before the second launch is a momentum killer. With some theming, lighting, music and something interesting on the telly it could have kept up the excitement but what's there currently is poor. Hopefully a few things are added over the soft open.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
In terms of track and train I really like it. Good mix of airtime and inversions, almost RMC esque in places. The duelling looked super exciting on the POV so I imagine it will be even better in person when you can look around.

The theming, branding and area I can't muster up the excitement for. I'm so bored of coasters themed to cars. The area looks too sparse and open. And like others have said the bit before the second launch is a momentum killer. With some theming, lighting, music and something interesting on the telly it could have kept up the excitement but what's there currently is poor. Hopefully a few things are added over the soft open.
Considering people riding it say there is virtually no airtime and those misses don't do much for the actual ride...I'm gonna disagree with this.

I talked to a few friends who waited yesterday and said it didnt so much and is lower than Full Throttle for them...which isn't saying much. Also, the height requirement is 54" which is absurd for this ride type.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
The ride itself looks okay. The first half (well the first half of each section) has the most interesting bits, but after the interlocking corkscrews it looks pretty boring. Having it resort to basic turns and helices towards the end is pretty lifeless. And of course the pit stop is just such a mess.