What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coa

You can play "spot the difference" all you want, but it's blatantly obvious that this has been "inspired by" the Maurer Sky Loop things. I really like those, so I'd probably like this as well.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^LOL "inspired by" is a nice way of putting it.
I'll hold off with any opinion until I ride it in a couple of weeks.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Well, Maurer Söhne has completely copied the track design of Premier, both single & double spine, so I would not say that Premier has copied anything from them. As for Superman, it is very different from Maurer's Sky loops.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Let me take this time to point out that engineering is essentially taking good ideas and improving upon them. Premier probably thought that Maurer Sohne's track was the best design on the market for their needs, yet it had some drawbacks so they improved on what they thought needed improvement. This process of iteration happens in companies as well as between companies.

There's also the possibility that Maurer Sohne could have been subcontracted for this project and we don't know about it.

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
Well, Maurer Söhne has completely copied the track design of Premier, both single & double spine, so I would not say that Premier has copied anything from them. As for Superman, it is very different from Maurer's Sky loops.

Not really, they're very similar. Just Superman has a launch and a longer layout. They both offer a large coasters with a small footprint.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
They both offer a large coasters with a small footprint.

So being large and have a small footprint makes them similar?

As I said before they are two very different coasters. You have one thing similar in them and that is the barrel roll.

As for the rest, one has a inverted chain lift, while the other launches you up in a twist. Nothing similar except the fact that they both are going straight up. Then you have the roll, as I said could be view as similar, yet very different. The other on then dives straight into the station, where the other one is diving, and twisting, down. It then completes another rise and twist, into another dive and twist.

The rides may appear similar, but there are not so many things they do similar.

Ethan

Strata Poster

It was already agreed on the last page that this coaster was 'inspired' by Skyloops. No need to argue...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Just because a few people agree on something does not meant that it's true!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Yes of course they are similar, but so are Rita and Skyrush as well.

Ethan

Strata Poster

If you want to still 'argue', then just PM us...

On topic, how fast are the queues going down?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

A lot faster than expected apparently. But the crew has also been very good according to the reports I have read.