What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Re: SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coa

Erm, some of those twist's look a bit sharp. Reminds me of the twists on I305, so i'm guessing it could be uncomfortable depending on the restraints.

Lofty

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0yjL2wOQY&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]
Rider POV. With a Mexican, Mushroom.. ;)

Ben

CF Legend

That looks **** dreadful.

Talk about no capacity.

What were they thinking <//3

Such a gimmick. Such a pointless gimmick. With a long queue.

Snoo

The Legend

Looks unique at best. Wouldn't mind trying it but not on a MUST DO list.

Intricks

Strata Poster

What is wrong with the leg restraints? Sky Rockets were effing fabulous and quite possibly the comfies restraint I had the pleasure of dealing with? I can unserstand if it were the ones found on FoF. Those are yuck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ethan

Strata Poster

For people with thin and boney legs I could see why they could be painful.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I looks a bit rough, for a brand new ride.
I thought the kid was going to fall out on the inline twist, haha.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Friend of mine is there today and rode it. He calls it 8.5 out of 10 in the back row. Few pops of air. Line is actually moving fairly quick with very good dispatch. Granted it won't be that way past this week when they put the average Six Flags crew on it, but still. Good news.

Jake

Strata Poster

I'm still trying to decide if I'd do the guy sitting next to Mushroom or not. Meh, yeah.

As for the coaster... eh. It's a bit of a cheap addition, especially considering they got rid of a coaster recently. Then again, I got the impression that Discovery Kingdom care a lot more about the animal side of the park than the creds. The zoo bit is actually gorgeous, but the ride section is a bit of a dump.

Edit - Actually, am I the only one who's noticed how close it gets to making it over the twisty loop thing when it goes backwards at the beginning? All it needs is a small overlaunch and it's going to make it over and valley, surely?

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ I have thought that too, its a bit too close for comfort really.

I think it looks ok. Sure it will be fun, but it seems an odd choice for SF park, especially for the poor capacity.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I imagine it gives a pretty good ride in the back, but yeah... capacity!? Probably not optimal.

I won't hate on it just yet. I was too quick to judge Green Lantern First Flight and that was **** brilliant, so I'll be interested to hear what the coaster geek report is on the ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Jake said:
Edit - Actually, am I the only one who's noticed how close it gets to making it over the twisty loop thing when it goes backwards at the beginning? All it needs is a small overlaunch and it's going to make it over and valley, surely?
I would have thought with the use of LSMs it's possible to make the train leave the end of the launch at exactly the speed you want it to. It's not like a cable launch where there is no ability to slow the train down if it's overspeeding. The LSMs mean that the car can be pulled and pushed through the launch, so it's speed can be exactly controlled. I don't know if I'm making sense, but it's similar to a tyre launch as if the train is overspeeding you can just slow the tyres down a bit. I don't think there is quite the same risk of an overlaunch as there is with cable-launch coasters.

As for this ride, it looks like a decent 'filler' coaster to me, nothing more.

Rob

Mega Poster

Sorry if I'm covering old ground here, but, is Premier rides the trading name of Maurer Sohne in the US, or have they basically just cloned a MS design here and branded it as their own? (Much less respect if it's the latter, really annoys me when coaster companies are un-original).

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ummm....how is this a clone from MS designs exactly?

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Upon first glance, the track work and train design is similar.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I can see that, but the way the seating is set is a bit different between the two, no?

Doesnt MS seats raise as they go back and have that half circle restraint while Premier is all flat with a lap/calf/leg restraint?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, they are very different when you look properly. Rob was obviously being a lazy.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

The video on the front page looks pretty cool, though I admit I was mainly staring at the female passengers' chests. :oops: