What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coa

I dunno what Intricks is on about, but I just found this badly shot testing video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6drQCmkCJc[/youtube]

Ethan

Strata Poster

The capacity on this thing will be laughable.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Eh. If it doesnt do a forward launch at the very start, then it may very well be worth it for me :3

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ok, you like backward launches. We get it :D

Lofty

CF Legend

Intricks, sorry to inform you, but, According to this video;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vooyScLAhdM[/youtube]

It has a forwards launch, but, as he says, "Apparently", so no definite yet.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Thats the vid i have been watching. You dont see the train going up the vertical turnaround, just being launched all the way up the non-inverting loop. The tree could be blocking it, (or he could have missed the first lauch and only nabbed the reverse launch) but I would guess it would become visible during the first forward launch as it would still have to go up at least 1/4 - 1/3 of the way up before going backwards.

My guess anyway.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I think the forwards (first) launch will barely get out of the tunnel.... well, not by much. And then the backwards launch will follow. Just my prediction...

Intricks

Strata Poster

True...we dont really know how long the brake area is, so it could go for longer than the initial launch.

Lofty

CF Legend

To be totally honest, the height it gets on the reverse is highly unlikely to be a backwards launch. The actual "Launch section" isn't actually that large at all, so to be able to get the speed it is at in the video on the reverse part, it must have had an extra push from a previous launch (forwards).

Plus, the promotional material and all as we have heard about the coaster state a forward launch, no backwards initial launch has been mentioned at all.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yeah, Six Flags would make a HUGE deal of it like they did with Escape From Krypton and Mr Freeze...

Martyn B

CF Legend

True...we dont really know how long the brake area is, so it could go for longer than the initial launch.

If its LIM powered, then there wont be a brake run, they'll use the LIM's as brakes.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I'm not sure if this is what you guys are wondering, but I'm pretty sure it goes like this. (This is basically like Ethan said)

1st launch: barley even do anything move 10 feet if that
2nd launch: backwards out of the station almost going over the hill( at 0:40 in the video)
3rd launch: propels it out of the station to complete the circuit and is then slowed down and eventually stopped by the LIMs

Thoughts?

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

^ & ^^ LSMs both of you, LIMs can't act as brakes while LSMs can have their polarization reversed to become eddy current brakes, LIMs can only accelerate a train in one direction.

Ethan

Strata Poster

It will launch forward first, as we said, but the car will reach about a third of the way up the incline.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIZ7cEZNog[/youtube]

Sneaky

Roller Poster

Intricks said:
Thats the vid i have been watching. You dont see the train going up the vertical turnaround, just being launched all the way up the non-inverting loop. The tree could be blocking it, (or he could have missed the first lauch and only nabbed the reverse launch) but I would guess it would become visible during the first forward launch as it would still have to go up at least 1/4 - 1/3 of the way up before going backwards.

My guess anyway.

If you look at this video and pause it at 0:00 (so even before the first second) you can barely see the train through the bars of the fence and the trees. When you pause it again at 0:01 you see it's gone. So you have to be very quick, because it is only visible for a split second. (watch it on youtube for a larger screen, to make it a little easier)

~Sneaky

Lofty

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHgdbP63NpI&feature=g-all-c[/youtube]

Forwards.

Intricks

Strata Poster

This looks utterly fab, and that really doesnt go up as high as I thought it would have for the initial launch.

Regardless, I will hopefully be getting this credit come the endnof the year <3

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thankfully it takes the inversion faster than in the promo. This looks like a fun, unique coaster.