What's new

SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coaster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: SFDK | Superman Ultimate Flight|Premier Rides launch coa

There is a picture of them floating around. Same style train as Sky Rocket.

So this has lap restraints

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

reddude333

Giga Poster

Here's a pic from the SFDK Facebook page:
181262_10150984574972743_1264608431_n.jpg

So they will be extremely similar to the Sky Rocket trains as Intricks mentioned:
9mq6i0004tu0k3sh8hmsk4.jpg

That's the upside of the ride. Too bad the inversion will be taken at a speed of zero! :p

Martyn B

CF Legend

Its certainly an interesting ride. As a major coaster, in a major park, its probably on the **** side, but in a small park it would probably be respected a bit more.

I imagine its going to be a decent thrilling ride. Its like Premier's take on the MS Skywheel.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Yeah, and I like the idea of a launch instead of the vertical lift although (in the video) it looks like there is potential for it to valley in the non-inverted loop on the backwards launch. Anyone else have opinions on that? I'm sure they have accounted for that but it seems possible.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I see this being similar to a zacspin. Great for a small park, but it will not have the capacity for a larger park. Looks promising though, I may go try it out this summer.

Ethan

Strata Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ You do take everything personal don't you?

Not sure where you got that from, plus you don't even know me?

Back on topic, YAY lapbars! :)

Lofty

CF Legend

reddude333 said:
Yeah, and I like the idea of a launch instead of the vertical lift although (in the video) it looks like there is potential for it to valley in the non-inverted loop on the backwards launch. Anyone else have opinions on that? I'm sure they have accounted for that but it seems possible.
Really? I don't think they'd have thought of that? ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't worry, to be honest, looking at it, the Non-Inverting Loop is actually pretty shallow, it's not as rounded as I thought it would be, it's actually quite flat on top compared to the promotional images that were shown. I think they've definitely took that into consideration, it's not as tall as I'd have thought. :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

It's too bad they did not go with the Mr. Freeze station,that would have made the capacity fully acceptable.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I know I'm way behind in asking this, but why did SFDK get rid of Pandemonium to put this in? Are they having space issues? Shame, because I never got to ride it and it would have been my first Gerstlauer spinner (I think).

Also, I came across an interesting article that described this ride as a combination of Wicked Twister, HRRR, and Green Lantern (SFMM). It made a good point but it seemed like a weird way to explain the coaster.

Here's the article if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals...gs-discovery-kingdom-06201206,0,3343210.story

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

The park is landlocked. To get a new ride, something has to go. They can't even steal land from the parking lot, as there's a lake between.

Also: 6FMexico has the highest attendance in Central America, they needed another hand-me-down.

Ethan

Strata Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pudf4PcYEkg[/youtube]

reddude333

Giga Poster

The coaster actually looks better from the ground than it did in previous pictures...doesn't necessarily mean it looks good...just better.

michaellll

Mega Poster

I think it's beautiful ;) Love how they've done the supporting.

tks

Strata Poster

Pretty sure they downloaded an RCT park and ripped the layout!

Raptor

Roller Poster

Finally, the Bay Area finally has a ride to show off and brag about. It's about time...
Hopefully gonna ride this beast when I visit the park in about a month.

Intricks

Strata Poster

It is testing! Sweet LORD is the backwards launch gonna scare the **** out of people.

I seriously dont believe it launches forward at the very beginnimg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I am still not impressed by this coaster's layout - looking too gimmicky and short to really offer any experience.

HOWEVER, I will hold my tongue, as I thought the same about Intamin's ZacSpins, and Green Lantern still takes the cake as my second favorite coaster at SFMM behind X2 - and remains in my top 20. The short trains means riders feel all of the forces throughout the ride, making for some above average airtime and positive g's.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

So, can we just post the whole ride under the wonky supports thread?

Martyn B

CF Legend

It is testing! Sweet LORD is the backwards launch gonna scare the **** out of people.

I seriously dont believe it launches forward at the very beginnimg

So, unless you were at the park and saw it yourself, are you going to link us to anything?