What's new

Sesame Place: san diego park

llcooljamez

Roller Poster
I live literally down the road from this future hybrid water/amusement park, Unfortunately i cant get very close to the park and cant find any info online, but is the park already completed or are they putting the finishing touches?

Matt N

CF Legend
I live literally down the road from this future hybrid water/amusement park, Unfortunately i cant get very close to the park and cant find any info online, but is the park already completed or are they putting the finishing touches?
I seem to remember seeing the other day that the park was close to opening, but I can’t remember where.

llcooljamez

Roller Poster
The description of sesame place on their website

"Sesame Place San Diego will be the second theme park of its kind in the United States and the first on the West Coast based on Sesame Street. The park will be ideal for families with kids of all ages and will feature 18 Sesame Street-themed rides and exciting water attractions, including a family-friendly rollercoaster and a 500,000-gallon wave pool – one of the largest in Southern California. The park will also feature an engaging musical play area, an interactive Sesame Street Neighborhood complete with the iconic 123 Stoop, daily live character shows, an award-winning parade, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities and of course, everyone’s favorite furry friends"

llcooljamez

Roller Poster
I wouldn't be surprised if this gets a Gravity Group family coaster, like the other Sesame Place did
It appears that the park will not be opening with a gravity group, but fingers crossed it will be built in a future expansion, the only way that they could fit one is if they remove snuffy's spaghetti slides and the kids play and explore area. They could also fit an out and back type coaster but they would have to remove a lot of their employee break area which is right next to houses.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
I don't think they would axe their break area with how understaffed things are right now, but I do think we could see the removal of slides for it. It would be a major crowd pleaser.