What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

Matt N

CF Legend
I guess that answers the question of whether it's still going ahead!

I'll be very intrigued to see what the Surf Coaster turns out to be, I must admit! Hopefully once all this coronavirus drama has died down a little, SeaWorld might announce more details!

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Yeeeeees. Thank god

I’m supposed to be going to Florida this August, from UK. Do you think my holiday is cancelled, want it to be so I can go next year and experience this surf coaster

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post - Pokemaniac

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt N

CF Legend
I remember hearing a rumour a while back that it used their wing coaster-style trains (potentially explaining the original wing coaster rumours), but it had free-spinning seats with fins to control the spinning, sort of like on an S&S Free Spin. I can't remember where I heard it, and I'm not sure if it's something that B&M would do, but it's certainly interesting to discuss regardless!

Whatever the Surf Coaster turns out to be, I'm sure it'll be amazing, as it's B&M, and it's nice to have an exciting discussion that isn't about when parks will reopen!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I find the choice of "Surf Coaster" interesting as the name for the model. The concept of 'surfing' would more suggest to me standing. But given Stand Up Coasters aren't exactly that popular I find it difficult to imagine B&M doing some kind of new take on them/new generation version.

Intirgued to find out more.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Oh sweet! Concept photos have already been leaked!
maxresdefault.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
I had a thought; maybe the model will have some sort of water interaction? Surfing is done on water, and as SeaWorld is a marine park, maybe they wanted a coaster that integrated some sort of water features?

Matt N

CF Legend
Taking my suggestion of water interaction, could the Surf Coaster potentially be a launched wing coaster-style ride that activates water effects during the ride; sort of like B&M's take on the Intamin AquaTrax, if you like? I'm not sure that I see B&M doing a full-on water coaster (and it would also render Journey to Atlantis as a little unneeded if it were), but maybe some sort of water will play into the ride?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Reliable sources that work at the park? The same person who told me about the SeaWorld San Diego dive coaster name change and the San Antonio wood coaster name change....and Wacky Taxi.
SeaWorld parks are pretty notorious for internally leaking things on purpose way, way in advance. Manta Orlando was known at least a year prior...although with a Dolphin theme.

No need for BSing here, just what I had heard and I believe it made it's way to Reddit (something I don't t use) in a similar time frame. (Pretty sure AmiswmentPics had a comment on it too, on Twitter)

Out of interest, wasn't the original name for Texas Stingray going to be Abyss or something along those lines?