What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks a lot faster than the PWM Intamin, that's for sure.

jasone

Roller Poster
Yeah I think pacing looks pretty darn good considering this is an early test. The corkscrew (or whatever they are calling it, surfy flip roll thing) looks like it’s taken at a decent speed. The more I think about the fact you’re actually able to move during some of these elements… it might be really unsettling. Very intrigued now.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
If this is the first test run then they'll be calibrating the launch, like they do with every launched coaster ever. If it looks fast it probably is running fast. And vise versa.

Must have all see those videos of Xcellarator running at 100mph during testing by now.

Won't get a true idea of the speed until it's been testing for a while and they've got it all dialed in properly.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Lol it's not even open yet and we're already at the point of giving up on the standup position. That person seems to be taking it a little too far though... think I'd rather maintain the ability to have children.
To be fair, they are doing it at the top of a hill. There might be airtime. As long as the feet are properly back down to brace when the G forces turn positive, it could be quite fun.

Hutch

Strata Poster
To be fair, they are doing it at the top of a hill. There might be airtime. As long as the feet are properly back down to brace when the G forces turn positive, it could be quite fun.
I'm really curious to see how those hills ride. I don't see there being enough airtime to lift up your legs from the board, though perhaps more some relief on the legs.

It seems like that person is holding themselves up after a little hop. Could be dicey on the knees when you "land" and are greeted to even more positive gs.

opivy028

Mega Poster
I was looking at the trains, and the bicycle seat might have more support for your butt than older stand up trains. Combine that with the vest restraints and your upper body might be held and supported strongly enough where this is actually a natural feeling thing to do for a lot of people on this ride