What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

BigBad

Mega Poster
The hills right before and right after the turnaround look like they're taken quite a bit faster than B&Ms usually go over hills. Might there be some ejector air?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
For a first test run I was so surprised, with it being B&M I was expecting it to be rather sluggish, that thing absolutely hauled ass! Incredible!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Glad to hear it might ride more like Fury than the others... Here's to hoping B&M have changed their ways.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

Please soft open! PLEASE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
POV has been released on the Seaworld facebook page. [strike](Not sure if you can properly link facebook page videos but it's the current first post on here, https://www.facebook.com/SeaWorld.)[/strike]
EDIT: It is up on youtube now.
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AboO1bJWV38[/youtubevid]

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

Plllleeeeeaaaassse let me be able to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Just came a little.

Seriously, that flew through the MCBR! God I hope it stays like that, this looks like a mini Fury but better and I want it!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Will be really interested to see how busy this is when it opens. Kraken always seems to be pretty much a walk on (when I've been) and Manta isn't far off (although maybe it is more at other times of year). Anyone know how busy Kraken and Manta were when they first opened?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looking very good! I will need to about face on this - I was not a big believer in Mako on its introduction, as it did not sport any major innovations/features beyond a stock and standard hyper. The pacing however looks to be very good, better so than predecessors. I am especially grateful that B&M even opted for some shorter airtime hills, such as the one headed into the MCBR, rather than try to go 100% floater 100% of the time.

It would be my hope now that the seats in the back feature some good tugging sensations coming out of the banked turns. Combine that with a hopefully smooth ride throughout the future (I'm looking at you Diamondback), and dare I suggest this could be a top contender for best B&M hyper.